Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 233

Today's Lesson:

I give my life to God to guide today.

Father, I give You all my thoughts today. I would have none of mine. In place of them, give me Your Own. I give You all my acts as well, that I may do Your Will instead of seeking goals which cannot be obtained, and wasting time in vain imaginings. Today I come to You. I will step back and merely follow You. Be You the Guide, and I the follower who questions not the wisdom of the Infinite, nor Love whose tenderness I cannot comprehend, but which is yet Your perfect gift to me.


Today we have one Guide to lead us on. And as we walk together, we will give this day to Him with no reserve at all. This is His day. And so it is a day of countless gifts and mercies unto us.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I had a bit of a down weekend - nothing major, just felt a bit like regrouping, even though socializing was in the plan. I did my best to my jolly self, but I'm sure people around me - especially those who know me well - knew I wasn't really myself. It was so great to understand the ups and downs of nature, like the tide, and not make it mean anything other than that. I knew - even in the middle of it - that it was simply the indication of really great things to come. And that's what happened. Yesterday I got return calls from some of the calls I made on Friday, and have even scheduled an appointment with a potential new client today in a town about 2 hours away.

I've been thinking a lot about how the world seems to worship the highs and discount the lows in everything we do. We celebrate when things are great and mourn when they're not. We don't want anything to do with the downs; yet without the downs we wouldn't know the ups. By discounting the lows, we cut in half our opportunity to experience what is.

What if, instead of trying to get rid of half of our experiences, we learn to love them all? What if the downs are simply a sign that an up is on its way?

That shift in awareness is what miracles really are. They're everywhere if we just open our eyes and see - and celebrate -them!

No comments: