Thursday, August 16, 2007

Day 228

Today's Lesson:

God has condemned me not. No more do I.

My Father knows my holiness. Shall I deny His knowledge, and believe in what His knowledge makes impossible? Shall I accept as true what He proclaims as false? Or shall I take His Word for what I am, since He is my Creator, and the One Who knows the true condition of His Son?

Father, I was mistaken in myself, because I failed to realize the Source from which I came. I have not left that Source to enter in a body and to die. My holiness remains a part of me, as I am part of You. And my mistakes about myself are dreams. And I stand ready to receive Your Word alone for what I really am.
Miracles I'm noticing:

I'm currently reading Wayne Dyer's newest book: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life. It's his interpretation of the Tao Te Ching. I was especially moved by the 8th verse, especially after meeting with a group of manufacturing CEOs on Tuesday where we talked about the distinction between setting goals and achieving goals. Our conversation ranged from quantum physics to the book The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari to Dr. Emoto's work with water crystals (I didn't bring up any of those topics, by the way!). Since we were talking about water and the effect of negative energy on water, it was no accident that the 8th verse of the Tao is about water. Wayne titled his chapter on this verse "Living in the Flow."

Here's what the verse says:

The supreme good is like water,
which nourishes all things without trying to.
It flows to low places loathed by all men.
Therefore, it is like the Tao.

Live in accordance with the nature of things.
In dwelling, be close to the land.
In meditation, go deep in the heart.
In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.
Stand by your word.
Govern with equity.
Be timely in choosing the right moment.

One who lives in accordance with nature
does not go against the way of things.
He moves in harmony with the present moment,
always knowing the truth of just what to do.

Wayne goes on to give his interpretation of the verse, saying that we really do take the mysterious magical nature of water for granted. "Try to squeeze it, and it eludes us; relax our hands into it, and we experience it readily. If it stays stationary, it will become stagnant; if it is allowed to flow, it will stay pure. It does not seek the high spots to be above it all, but settles for the lowest places."

He goes on to say that "when you're free to flow as water, you're free to communicate naturally - information is exchanged, and knowledge advances in a way that benefits everyone."

What a great reminder as I prepare to speak for US Bank student loan officers from all over the US this morning!

Blessed and grateful!!

3 comments:

Nick Smith said...

Miracles I'm noticing:

My daily dose of Jodee Bock

I am truly blessed :-)

Jodee Bock said...

Nick:

The feeling is entirely mutual! I'm glad you're enjoying the daily dose! Love and light to you!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite quotes:

"One who flows as Life flows has solved the enigma of human existence and needs no other power." --Lao Tzu

I truly believe that events will “conspire” to the realization of our goals if we stay true to them; do what we know to do now, and interpret even the “bumps” as somehow leading us there.

Dennis

Btw: Thank you, Jodee, for your considerate responses to my previous posts.