Saturday, August 04, 2007

Day 216

Today's Review:

I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

(196) It can be but myself I crucify.

All that I do I do unto myself. If I attack, I suffer. But if I forgive, salvation will be given me.


I am not a body. I am free.
For I am still as God created me.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's review reminds me of a story I heard on a Gary Renard CD (if you haven't read Gary Renard's books - The Disappearance of the Universe and Your Immortal Reality - you might want to check them out. Disappearance does a great job of explaining our Course in Miracles in terms that make a lot of sense). Gary was talking about his father-in-law who spend 8 years in misery because he absolutely hated Bill Clinton. During his entire presidency, Gary's father-in-law spent every waking hour talking about how much he didn't like Clinton and took on additional stress he didn't need to take on by carrying around this weight. Now do you suppose Clinton gave a hoot that Gary's father-in-law didn't like him? Highly doubtful. So who was his attitude hurting? Himself.

That's what I'm learning about holding a grudge and forgiveness. Today's review says it's only myself I crucify. Isn't that true? When you're mad at someone else because you're believing your story about him or her, it's only you who suffers. Most of the time when you're spending all your time dwelling on something that happened in the past with someone else, that other person isn't even doing whatever it is you're mad at him or her for doing in the present moment, yet you're bent out of shape now. That's like crucifixion.

Forgiveness gives up that grudge. Forgiveness also works on ourselves - and we can forgive ourselves for things we don't even remember - or things that aren't even any of our business. I love what Bob Proctor says about that: "What other people think of me is none of my business."

If I'm spending all my time and energy worrying about what someone else thinks of me, I don't have enough energy to spend in the now. I just don't worry about those things anymore. It's so freeing to just BE!

That's truly a miracle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jodee.

I just recently discovered your blog, and have been reading the current and January entries. I like what you’re doing.

And here are a few of my thoughts about forgiveness.

In Chapter eleven of Mark, Jesus admonishes us to “Have faith in God,” but then goes on to equate that faith with our own incredible power of believing; saying that if you command a thing (even a mountain to be cast into the sea) and do not doubt in your heart, but believe the thing you say shall come to pass—it WILL happen!

But then he goes on to include the caveat of forgiveness: that when you pray, if you have ought against ANY, forgive them that your Father in heaven may also forgive you.

Alas, I was thinking about this amazing creative power and pondering why forgiveness would have anything to do with our successful conscious use of it. What then occurred to me was that one can’t fully understand (and therefore fully implement) this extraordinary ability within, while still believing that the undesirable situations of one’s life originate with someone else “out there.”

Stated a slightly different way in “the Nature of Personal Reality: a Seth Book” by Jane Roberts, (channeling an entity called Seth) Seth says: “You meet your own denied power, you see, whenever you find yourself in a situation where you feel weak in comparison to another person or situation that frightens you.”

I wonder if the persons of our disapproval, then, if one were to approach and speak to us candidly, as soul-to-soul, might not say to us something like this: “I will labor under your yoke of judgment until you lift it from me.”

Anyway, I felt inspired to write the little poem below (I guess it’s a poem; kinda short and doesn’t rhyme).

Forgiveness

I saw a life that was in darkness and I brought it into the light.
I thought that it was your life, but it was my own.

Dennis

Jodee Bock said...

Dennis:

This is absolutely beautiful. I love your poem! It really does come down to a level of personal responsibility to take the beam out of our own eye so that we don't have to concentrate on the speck in our brother's. There really is no competition in the world when we are connected with our Creator who made us in His image - creative. If we can all just be freed up (and forgiveness is a great way to do that) to be who we have been created to be, there will be no competition because we will all be living our unique purposes.

Thank you so much for your comment - and for reading all the way back to January! This has been a very fun project and I've learned so much through sharing it with others!