Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day 4

Today's Lesson:

These thoughts do not mean anything. They are like the things I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].
Here begins the shift from focusing on things to focusing on thoughts. My thoughts are no different than the things I saw in the previous lessons. But from TUT I've learned that "thoughts become things" so if I shift my thoughts, which are inside, I can start to see that the meaningless is outside of me, and the meaningful in inside of me. It reminds me of what I've learned from Conversations With God - there is no "good" or "bad," "right" or "wrong," there is only "what works" and "what doesn't work." This helps me to suspend my own judgment.

Miracles I've noticed:

Today was my birthday and it was absolutely fantastic! I went to a coffee shop this morning to work on some business plans and catch up on some reading (Think And Grow Rich) and had lunch with two special friends, then came back to the coffee shop to meet another friend, then to a meeting, then to dinner with two other friends.

The miracles are everywhere when I consider the conversations I was a part of today. At one of my coffee shop visits today I ran into someone who used to work on the same floor as I in a previous job. She has recently left a job under circumstances which were very similar to the way I left my last job before I became an entrepreneur. She's bitter about the situation and I can so totally relate. But in our short conversation, it felt right for me to share my story of how as I held onto my own resentment regarding my former employer, it only hurt me. As I forgave myself for my own reactions and resentments, I began to gain a completely different perspective of gratitude for who he was for me because it allowed me to find out who I really was and do what I know I'm meant to do. If he hadn't shown up for me as someone who was difficult to work for, I may have been stuck in the same situation until I figured out it had nothing to do with him and everything to do with my mindset.

If a miracle is a shift in perception from fear to love, this surely was just one reminder of how that shift affected my life, and how, by sharing my story, I was able to give my friend a glimpse of what forgiveness might look like for her. The tears in her eyes as we talked showed me that she connected with what I shared. The thoughts that I had for my employer then, as well as any thoughts I've had today, only have the meaning I've given them and by giving up that they were "bad" frees me up to be more of who I know myself to be.

It's a very liberating feeling!

No comments: