Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 3

Today's Lesson:

I do not understand anything I see in this room [on this street, from this window, in this place].
If I'm completely objective and non-judgmental, this must be true. Again, it goes back to The Four Agreements - and the second agreement, which is "Don't Take Anything Personally." If I believe everyone sees the world the same way I do, and get upset or take things personally when others project their own opinions upon me, I really am not being non-judgmental. I'm believing that I really do understand people and situations and even inanimate objects. It leads me into the third agreement, which is "Don't Make Assumptions," which naturally leads into more effective and frequent - and REAL communication.

Miracles I've noticed:

Situation #1: We met last night for our first new group Course in Miracles reading. Last year there were five of us in the reading group throughout the year and last night there were 16 people! I'm not sure all 16 will continue through the year, but that's three-fold increase in the number of people who are interested in our study! That's certainly a miracle. I also noticed that my genius ("Inviting Dialogue" - see this post for more information) was alive and well and I learned so much from the participants as we all asked questions and engaged in dialogue.

Situation #2: I went over to a friend's house after the study group and told her and her husband about my plans for 2007 for my business, Bock's Office. They were very interested and gave me great feedback about those plans. I learned for myself that I am quite committed to building this business using the distinctions I've learned from my Course study (especially the love-fear and the ego-Spirit distinctions) which means I may be doing things unconventionally. But as I can explain myself, the people I'm telling are engaged in the conversation and can see with me the future I will allow for myself and my business and it's very exciting!

Situation #3: I'm speaking today for the Rotary Club in Fargo and plan to give them some ideas for creating an abundant 2007 for themselves and their businesses, using some of what I've been learning here. The e-mail inviting me to speak came out of the blue about a week before Christmas, and I see it as a great opportunity to tell a rather substantial number of businesspeople about Bock's Office (and also to sell my book!).

Situation #4: I got an order yesterday for 9 books from Amazon.com. That may not seem like a lot, but Amazon is steadily ordering books, which means people are ordering the book from Amazon. I intend to make Amazon a bigger focus for selling books in 2007, and this was validation that that will work.

Situation #5: I got an e-mail from Kevin Salwen, editor of Motto Magazine today telling me how to proceed with submitting articles for the magazine. My, miracles work quickly!

What are you noticing in your own life? Where is your perception shifting from fear to love? Please share!

No comments: