Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day 27

Today's Lesson:

Above all else I want to see.
I remember the first time I did this lesson a couple of years ago and feeling that I wasn't sure this is what I really wanted above all else. The lesson says that it doesn't matter if you don't really mean this. You are just coming closer to the time when you do have vision among your priorities.

I think the reason we hesitate to declare something for our lives - especially when it comes to what we want - is because we think we might have to give something up. Or maybe we have a fear of having to be accountable. If that comes up when doing this lesson, we're supposed to add:

Vision has no cost to anyone.
And if fear still persists, we are to add further:

It can only bless.
As with all the previous lessons, to achieve maximum benefit, it is a process to be thought about throughout the day. Today's lesson is recommended to be repeated at least every half hour. Although it is an interruption in the way we have been thinking, it is still possible to repeat one short sentence to ourselves without disturbing anything.

It comes down to how badly we want today's idea to be true. That will be the indication that we have found it less difficult to remember the lesson throughout the day.

Miracles I've noticed:

I worked with a client all day yesterday, facilitating their annual retreat. I'm very blessed and grateful that one of my fellow Course members is part of that group. I've worked with this company for four years now facilitating their annual retreat - and this year I sensed a shift in the collective consciousness. We are focusing in 2007 on their strengths - both individually and as a team. With my friend and me both in this Course and having done similar studies previously, I sensed the shift to a more sincere and authentic conversation. He even said there have been ideas he has wanted to bring up in previous retreats, but he has been afraid to. He brought them up this year and the space we created was safe. It was also great that the owners of the company agreed to have quarterly half-day meetings to reinforce our plan throughout the year. Each person will have an assignment, whether a team or individual assignment - to think about until we meet in April. Then we will move forward toward our new goals.

Another really neat aspect of this event was that instead of taking a fee for this year's work with this client, I am banking the cost with them and they will be providing some services for my new expanded business. This is something I may not have been able to declare if I wasn't committed to today's lesson: "Above all else I want to see."

No comments: