Monday, January 22, 2007

Day 22

Today's Lesson:

What I see is a form of vengeance.
Today's idea accurately describes the way anyone who holds attack thoughts in his mind must see the world. If a person's nature is such that he projects his own anger onto the world, he would be naturally defensive and would perceive his attack as self defense. As the lesson says, this becomes a vicious cycle until he is willing to change how he sees.

Until I can see that there may be a better way - and I am committed to that better way by changing something in myself - I will always be on the defensive and will be looking for ways to sabotage my happiness by protecting my need to be right.

We've already learned here that our thoughts are not real anyway. Anything we fear does not exist. If I see anything that causes the least bit of uneasiness or unhappiness or discomfort, it may be enough to recognize that I may be seeing a form of vengeance. When I can ask myself "is this the world I really want to see," the lesson says the answer is surely obvious.

It's difficult to admit that may be the way I see things and people and situations in my life. Anytime something makes me upset, frustrated, or uneasy, I can be sure it's because I haven't been remembering what I've learned from this Course.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Miracles appear in many forms for me - but mostly in the faces of the friends I have around the U.S. My friend Dave from Kentucky was in Minnesota last week doing some consulting and so was I, so we met for dinner and shared each of our plans for future books. Dave is so creative and is on a similar spiritual path as I am, so we had lots to talk about. Although Dave lives in Kentucky, he does quite a bit of work in Minnesota, and more often than not, when he happens to be working in Minnesota, so do I. No coincidence there. We are able to connect quite frequently, and each of us can support the other in our journeys.

I had lunch on Saturday with one of my mentors, Bob Ash, and it is so wonderful to realize that, no matter how much time goes by between our visits (he lives in Indianapolis, so we don't see each other too often), we can just pick up where we left off. We have so many ideas in common, and he is one person who really leads the way in the knowledge that our thoughts create the way we see the world. Anytime I see him I'm reminded of the importance of awareness and its effects in the world. Bob speaks to groups all over the U.S. and it's no accident that he gets tons of repeat business.

Each of these encounters pointed out to me that miracles appear every day in so many forms - but sometimes they show up in person. It isn't too often anymore that circumstances don't seem to miraculously work out so my mentors and friends from out of state are here when I am available to connect with them.

No comments: