Friday, January 19, 2007

Day 19

Today's Lesson:

I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my thoughts.
So it's not only the effects of my seeing, but also the effects of my thoughts that I share with everyone else. It really doesn't matter whether the thought comes first or the seeing comes first because thinking and the results of the thinking (the seeing) are never separate. Cause and effect go together.

This lesson reminds me of the part of The Secret where they talk about monitoring your thoughts. Joe Vitale says that it will seem difficult at first, but that's where the fun comes in. It may seem impossible or maybe even unfair that each of us has to be responsible for our thoughts because they affect more than just the one thinking them. But it helps to remember that we are all connected. When I remember that the other members of my study group are also working on the same lesson today, I almost feel a sense of relief because there is an unspoken accountability partnership in place. As I understand the effects of my thoughts on not just me but each of them as well, I see a little more clearly how each of us is part of the healing of the universe.

Miracles I'm noticing:

The text for today emphasizes the need to free ourselves from fear quickly, "because you must emerge from the conflict if you are to bring peace to other minds." This shows again how I am not alone in experiencing the effects of my thoughts.

I had dinner with my friend Dave a couple of nights ago and we were talking about how nothing exists in a vacuum. Whenever there is a void of information, for example, our minds will automatically fill it in with fear because we're so conditioned to expect the worst. Yesterday's TUT message said "The one who prepares for adversity, Jodee, builds not a bridge of retreat, but one upon which adversity advances." Why should we be surprised about the state of affairs in our world these days? I read an article somewhere yesterday about worry and the effects of worry on health. Worry is almost exclusively present only in the mind. Think of how much stress we could alleviate in the world if we just concentrated on filling in the gaps with positive energy instead of the automatic negative energy we allow to seep in.

And speaking of miracles, here is today's TUT message:

The reason most people don't recognize the miracles that are performed on their behalf, Jodee, is because there's just so blomin' many of them.

Like this very moment...

And this one...

And this one...

The Universe
One of those things that makes you go "hmmmmmm......"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one who benefits immeasurably from your thoughts, I can vouch for the fact you are certaintly not alone in experiencing the effects of your thoughts Jodee.

With Love an Blessings, thank you.

Jodee Bock said...

Nick:

I hope you know how much I value your thoughts as well. I talked about you quite a bit on my radio show last Sunday, and will be mentioning you again today (in less than an hour). You are impacting the world across the pond!

Love and light to you!