Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 17

Today's Lesson:

I see no neutral things.
As before, this lesson follows the previous format. It makes sense logically, because if I have no neutral thoughts, I would see no neutral things. I think the things I see cause the thoughts I have, but it is really the other way around. We typically think we will believe it when we see it because we need proof - we need the world to show us the way we think. It's really like a Wayne Dyer book I've seen "You'll See It When You Believe It."

This is just another way to show us that we've got it all backwards in the way we've typically been thinking. This is true of things we would call "pleasant" in addition to things we would call "unpleasant."

Miracles I'm noticing:

As I look around me in my hotel room, I notice the TV, the lamp, the mirror (which holds my reflection, with my hair sticking up all over) and I tell myself "I do not see a neutral TV, lamp, mirror or reflection of myself because my thoughts about TVs, lamps, mirrors and myself are not neutral." Especially as I think about my own reflection I realize that I really do not have neutral thoughts about myself. I notice that I do have some judgment about everything. Just noticing that the thought precedes the thing is pretty amazing. This means that logically I really have no reason to be upset or crabby or even joyous - because those thoughts do not need reasons. As I can unlearn and undo those beliefs that have been running on autopilot for all these years, I can begin to see that I actually could see neutral things if I could retrain my mind to have neutral thoughts, which would allow me to get rid of all the conditioning and judgment that seems to automatically show up for me.

I'm also getting that even the judgment I notice around the things I see actually means nothing, so I don't have to beat myself up by attaching meaning to judgment. Just working on seeing things neutrally could allow me a breakthrough in everything - even the way I see myself.

No comments: