Saturday, April 07, 2007

Day 97

Today's Lesson:

I am spirit.


Today's idea very simply states the truth. Practicing it today will bring our minds from conflict to the quiet fields of peace. It is what it is.

The minutes we give to practicing today's lesson are multiplied over and over, for the miracle makes use of time, but is not ruled by it. We are the spirit in whose mind abides the miracle in which all time stands still; the miracle in which a minute spent in using these ideas becomes a time that has no limit and that has no end.

The Holy Spirit will be glad to take five minutes of each hour from our hands and carry them around this aching world where pain and misery appear to rule. He will not overlook one open mind that will accept the healing gifts they bring, and He will lay them everywhere He knows they will be welcome. And they will increase in healing power each time someone accepts them as his thoughts, and uses them to heal.

As we begin the practice periods today, we can say this:

Spirit am I, a holy Son of God, free of all limits, safe and healed and whole, free to forgive, and free to save the world.


As we offer these practice periods today, listen for God's assurance every time we speak the words He offers us, and let Him tell our minds that they are true.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's lesson reminds me that there really is no place for negativity in my world. Whenever I sense a "yeah, but ..." in my mind, it's a pretty good sign that I am holding on to an ego thought, and, the ego has a need to be right. I'm reminded of people who will dispute positive news on TV or those who look for the worst in every situation. But of course my ego would think of "those" people - because then my ego can be right about NOT thinking that way. Noticing how I used to be and acknowledging in my own mind the gratitude I have for seeing things in a new way allows me to get beyond the initial hierarchy that automatically comes up.

In one of her lectures, Marianne Williamson talks about the progress we can begin to notice as we practice A Course in Miracles. She says sometimes we have to act our way into being, in other words, we start to notice when we are being negative, for example, and we stop saying what we are thinking. We may still be thinking it, but at least we're not saying it. Pretty soon, if we keep practicing, we'll stop thinking it altogether. That's how this course is cumulative - like the effects of meditation. The Holy Spirit will never force us to think a certain way, that would be taking away our free will. However, He will enter at the slightest invitation and, as today's lesson tells us, the minutes we give are multiplied over and over.

I notice this all the time in my own life. I notice how people are attracted to me when I'm positive and enthusiastic and, if they're not attracted to me when I'm positive and enthusiastic, I can check to see whether there is any ego involved on my part. If not, I can send a silent blessing to them and go on. After all, they are simply showing me a part of myself I either have or haven't forgiven. The difference is in my reaction to them. If I'm upset by someone else, it's just a reminder to me to forgive myself for whatever caused that reaction in me. If I'm not upset, it's a chance for me to be grateful for who I'm becoming.

The Bigger Small Talk Summit is progressing, and today's lesson shows me that as I recognize for myself that I am spirit, free of all limits, I am free to save the world. That allows me to play bigger, stepping into the spirit that is me. That miracle allows much bigger things to happen with the summit, and attracts resources and people that can help in a bigger context. That's certainly a miracle! I'm also reminded that it's the journey, not the destination, so I'm fully enjoying the ride toward whatever the summit ends up being. I've had a blast getting to know Mike Sansone and Pam Thomas, and even got a chance to talk with Suzanne Whang - I'd say that's already a miracle!

2 comments:

whatswithinu said...

Bless your heart, Jodee! Thank you for the wonderful reminder and for the sweet comment. It has been so much fun getting to know you as well. I look forward to many more fun opportunities to come.

Be well...

Pam

Jodee Bock said...

And I know there will be many more, Pam! Thanks for all you BE there in Phoenix as we work together to raise the consciousness of the planet! Talk to you soon!