Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 107

Today's Lesson:

Truth will correct all errors in my mind.


Where truth has entered, errors disappear. They are gone because, without belief, they have no life. And so they disappear to nothingness. From dust to dust they come and go, for only truth remains.

Try to remember when there was a time, - perhaps a minute, maybe even less - when nothing came to interrupt your peace; when you were certain you were loved and safe. Then try to picture what it would be like to have that moment be extended to the end of time and to eternity. Then let the sense of quiet that we felt be multiplied a hundred times, and then be multiplied another hundred more.

Now we have a hint, not more than just the faintest idea of the state our minds will rest in when the truth has come. Without illusions there could be no fear, no doubt and no attack. When truth has come all pain is over, for there is no room for transitory thoughts and dead ideas to linger in our minds. Truth occupies our minds completely, liberating us from all beliefs in the ephemeral. They have no place because the truth has come, and they are nowhere. They can not be found, for truth is everywhere forever, now.

When truth has come it does not stay a while, to disappear or change to something else. It does not shift and alter its form, nor come and go and go and come again. It stays exactly as it always was, to be depended on in every need, and trusted with a perfect trust in all the seeming difficulties and the doubts that the appearances the world presents engender.

We do not ask for what we do not have. We merely ask for what belongs to us, that we may recognize it as our own. Today we practice on the happy note of certainty that has been born of truth. The shaky and unsteady footsteps of illusion are not our approach today. We are as certain of success as we are sure we live and hope and breathe and think. We do not doubt we walk with truth today, and count on it to enter into all the exercises that we do this day.

Truth will correct all errors in our minds which tell us we could be apart from Him Who goes with us. We speak to Him today, and make our pledge to let His function be fulfilled through us. To share His function is to share His joy. His confidence is with us, as we say:

Truth will correct all errors in my mind,
And I will rest in Him Who is my Self.


Then let Him lead us gently to the truth, which will envelop us and give us peace so deep and tranquil that we will return to the familiar world reluctantly. And yet we will be glad to look again upon this world. For we will bring with us the promise of the changes which the truth that goes with us will carry to the world. The errors that surround the world will be corrected as we let them be corrected in our minds.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's lesson is a great reminder that we have the power to choose truth and peace every day and every minute. As I choose to see the world differently and seek the peace of God which is inside of me, I will see the outer world differently as well. I can think of many examples when the stresses and rush of the daily grind could be alleviated by choosing differently and reminding myself of today's lesson. I can look out the window right now as I'm typing this and see thick fog or I can realize that the fog does not cover up anything - the houses and trees are there whether I can see them or not. I can choose to be upset because the visibility is reduced this morning, or I can trust that my neighbor's house is still there, even though I can't see it.

Today I will remember the peace that I carry with me and choose to see that instead of any stresses that may want to get in the way. As I accept myself as God created me, I will be incapable of suffering. As today's text says, I do not do that because I will be punished otherwise. It is merely because my acknowledgment of my Father is the acknowledgment of myself as I am. My Father created me wholly without sin, wholly without pain and wholly without suffering of any kind. If I deny Him, I bring sin, pain and suffering into my own mind because of the power He gave it. My mind is capable of creating worlds, but it can also deny what it creates because it is free.

Ahhhh ... that's a miracle!

No comments: