Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 100

Today's Lesson:

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation.

God's will for us is perfect happiness. Why should we choose to go against His Will? Our part completes our Father's plan. This part is as essential to His plan as to our happiness. Others will see their own function in our shining faces, and hear God calling to them in our happy laughs.

We are essential to God's plan. We will not let ourselves be sad today. If we do, we fail to take the part that is essential to God's plan, as well as to our vision. Sadness is a sign that we would play other parts, instead of what has been assigned to us by God.

God asks us to be happy, so the world can see how much he loves us, and wills no sorrow rises to abate our joy; no fear besets us to disturb our peace. We bring God's happiness to all we look upon; His peace to everyone who looks on us and sees His message in our happy faces.

Our only part is to be happy. This is all that is asked of us or anyone who wants to take his place among God's messengers. We have been wrong in our belief that sacrifice is asked. We are God's messengers today. And we must find what He would have us give. It is our Self Who calls to us today. And it is Him we answer, every time we tell ourselves we are essential to God's plan for the salvation of the world.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I love today's lesson because it shows how very simple this course really is. Simple, yes, but not always easy. Or so we tell ourselves. But our natural state is growth and joy; if we are not joyful it is because we have put obstacles in the way of that joy.

As you may know, we are in the midst of a cold snap here in North Dakota that won't seem to let go. We had an out-and-out blizzard last Tuesday and were left with lots of snow that is not going away very fast. Yesterday they were predicting more snow for today. It's tough to watch the poor robins peck away at the frozen ground, confused as we all are with the temperatures and the calendar in direct conflict.

Yesterday I went to Target to pick up a few things. The sky was bright blue and the sun was shining and, unless you were outside you'd never know that it wasn't as warm as it looked. So as I was checking out, the cashier asked me how I was. I told her I was terrific and it was hard not to be on such a bright sunny day. She said, "yeah, but do you know what they're saying about tomorrow?" Before she even had a chance to finish her sentence, I stopped her and say, "Yes, but I'm not going there. Look outside today. It's beautiful. I pick my weather and I choose to see the sun every day, no matter what." She said, "well, I'm going to choose that, too." And we laughed and I went on my way. It was that simple - and that easy. I chose happiness over gloom, which I'm sure changed her outlook as well. It's not snowing today although the sky is white and the wind is blowing. But even though I can't see it, I know the sun is shining above those clouds. And that's the weather I pick, and take with me.

My part is essential to God's plan for salvation, and I can choose happiness every single time.

What are you noticing in your own life when you choose happiness? Where are you seeing the ripples from the pebble you're dropping? Make a deliberate attempt today to spread some happiness. Ask someone when you greet them, "What's good?" and really listen for their answer.

I guarantee that will make a difference - and what's that if it's not a miracle? :)

No comments: