Thursday, April 05, 2007

Day 95

Today's Lesson:

I am one Self, united with my Creator.


Today's idea really sheds new light on the concept of acceptance of ourselves. If we are one with God, then change is impossible. We do not accept this, and we fail to realize it must be so, only because we believe that we have changed ourselves already. We see our true selves as ugly, vicious, sinful, and so we believe we have to change in order to be accepted. However, our one Self - our TRUE Self - is and always has been united with our Creator.

We are starting now to understand the importance of taking five minutes at the beginning of the day to practice the daily ideas. We must understand by now how difficult it still might be to quiet our busy minds - which should show us how important is is that we train our minds in a new way.

So, because we might still find it difficult to be still for extended periods of time, we might consider frequent but shorter practice periods. If we don't make an effort to remember each daily lesson at various times during the day, we notice how difficult it is to keep the lesson in mind. This will become a habit as we commit to the practice.

Regardless of how disciplined we find ourselves in this practice, the Holy Spirit will answer our slightest call. If we are determined - for the next week, for example - to be willing to forgive ourselves for our lapses in diligence, we will notice that we are then enabled to overlook it instead of to dwell on our weakness. When we fail to comply with the requirements of this course, it is simply a mistake and calls for correction. These lapses are simply efforts of our ego to keep us unaware of our Self.

It will be helpful to remind ourselves whenever we think of it today and this week, today's lesson: I am one Self. It will also do us well to attempt to feel the meaning that these words convey.

We are one Self, united and secure in light and joy and peace. We are in perfect harmony with all there is, and all that there will be. We are complete and healed and whole.


Our little part in remembering the lesson today will bring happiness to all the world. Heaven looks to us in confidence that we will try today. To everyone we meet today, be sure to give the promise of today's idea and tell him this:

You are one Self with me, united with our Creator in this Self. I honor you because of What I am, and What He is, Who loves us both as One.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's idea reminds me of what I've learned from The Secret - what we dwell on we bring about in our lives. To notice that we are not being as diligent in our daily practice as we might want to be and to beat ourselves up about what we are NOT doing is to bring more attention to what we don't want. I love that today's lesson reminds us that this is simply a mistake and needs correction - not punishment. We just start again.

Yesterday I conducted a day-long training session for a group. The session was on personal accountability, and for some reason yesterday we really touched a deeper part of ourselves than I can remember happening in previous classes. People talked to me during breaks about their spouses and their children and how we might use this information to build our relationships outside of the work situation where the training was being conducted. As I see myself - as the facilitator - take the information to a new level for myself, I see that I invite others to do the same. The effects are evident in the level of conversation participants are drawn to during the breaks. I'm committed that they will take the information into their entire lives and stand for new conversations that start with each of us - not by pointing a finger at what someone else is or isn't doing. As each of us makes a commitment to start with ourselves, we notice that others are more compelled to join us than if we told them what they "should" do.

That's certainly a powerful miracle!

2 comments:

Belizegial said...

I have bookmarked both of your blogs and will be back to visit.

Great content!

Enid

Jodee Bock said...

Enid:

Thanks for visiting! I'm glad you enjoy them! Have a great weekend!