Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Day 114

For morning and evening review:

(97) I am spirit.

I am the Son of God. No body can contain my spirit, nor impose on me a limitation God created not.


(98) I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

What can my function be but to accept the Word of God, Who has created me for what I am and will forever be?


On the hour:
I am spirit.

On the half hour:
I will accept my part in God's plan for salvation.

Miracles I'm noticing:

As I read through today's review and also the text for today, it becomes very clear that accepting ourselves as we are is accepting God's plan. If we do not believe that we are worthy of the gifts God has given us, then we are stopping or blocking the magnificent abundance that is our birthright. Today's text reminds us that "Only you can deprive yourself of anything." It tells us that the denial of this simple fact takes many forms, and that we must learn to recognize these forms and to oppose them without exception. That means that we cannot blame - others or ourselves - because that would suppose that there is an "out there" and an "in here," when, in reality they are the same thing. If we blame others for anything, we are really blaming ourselves; and we cannot blame ourselves without blaming others. That is why blame must be undone, not seen elsewhere.

This is such a great reminder of how I really am responsible for all the effects in my life - and also for the effects I see in the world. That's a tough thing to realize, especially in light of all the world affairs.

I read a very interesting post from Steve Pavlina this week called "Subjective Reality and Nonviolence" which shed some light on the Virginia Tech episode from this perspective.

Here is the first paragraph of that post:

The perspective of subjective reality says the entire world — i.e. your seemingly objective physical reality — is a projection of your own consciousness. This perspective suggests the only thing you can really change is yourself. If you want to address the issue of violence in the world, you can only do so by turning within. Go to work on the violence within you, and strive to become a person who embodies nonviolence. This translates into a serious personal responsibility, more than is typically experienced with a purely objective world view.



The article points out that we are really responsible for the effects in the world and can begin to change reality by first going within. Since today's lesson reminds us that there is no "out there" and "in here," we can begin to see how this provocative topic can stir up lots of ideas and conversation.

I'm reminded that there is no order of difficulty in miracles - so a miracle can appear to be huge or minute. Understanding and internalizing today's text and Steve Pavlina's message may appear to be huge; but the effects will uncover miracles at every turn. As we become aware of the effects of our inner thoughts on our outer experiences, we can begin to see how choosing love over fear - spirit over ego - inclusion over exclusion - can and does shed light on whatever appears to "just happen" in the world.

No comments: