Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 120

For morning and evening review:

(109) I rest in God.

I rest in God today, and let Him work in me and through me, while I rest in Him in quiet and in perfect certainty.


(110) I am as God created me.

I am God's Son. Today I lay aside all sick illusions of myself, and let my Father tell me Who I really am.


On the hour:
I rest in God.

On the half hour:
I am as God created me.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I spent the weekend at a regional Sweet Adeline competition and convention, and I notice that everywhere I go and everything I do is a great opportunity to observe people and situations through the eyes of love instead of fear. "Competition" doesn't seem quite the same to me anymore. As a competitive athlete, I used to see everything as an opportunity to "win" - to be better than someone else. If there are winners, there must be losers as well. But this year I thought of the competition less as a competition and more as a demonstration. I had not competed in a quartet since 2002 until this year, so that gave me an entirely new perspective on a more personal level.

The results were amazing. Although the scores weren't as high as we would have liked in either the quartet or the chorus contests, I was very pleased with the performances I gave in each contest. For me it is all about doing my best and letting the chips fall where they may. That is such a new perspective for me and it was much more fun and relaxing than it used to be when I would get nervous and feel that I had to "beat" someone else. What a terrible analogy!

Singing through the eyes of love instead of fear makes so much more sense to me - in fact, it's almost comical for me to think how I used to be. That's surely a miracle!

No comments: