Sunday, April 01, 2007

Day 91

Today's Lesson:

Miracles are seen in light.


Today's lesson shows us that just because we may not see miracles does not mean they are not there. The miracle is always there, just as the sun is always shining. Its presence is not caused by our ability to see it; its absence is not the results of our failure to see. It is only our awareness of miracles that is affected. We will seem them in the light; we will not see them in the dark.

This means we must choose to see the light. While we remain in darkness ourselves, miracles will remain unseen. As we see ourselves as bodies, we will remain convinced that what we see is all there is to see. Our faith lies in the darkness, not in the light. But this can be reversed.

We first much reach the point where we realize and accept that we are not bodies. But if we are not bodies, what are we? If we ask this question honestly, and be open to receiving the answer, we will notice that we begin to receive the answer.

We are to relax as we practice today's lesson, confident that our efforts, however meager, are fully supported by the strength of God and all His Thoughts. It is through Them that our strength will come. It is through Their strong support that we will feel the strength in ourselves.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's lesson reminds me that I don't have to do anything alone. When I think that I am a body, it may be easy to dwell on what is wrong instead of what is right. I may feel alone at times and as if I am on a solo journey. But as I remember that we are all traveling together - we are all one - I also remember that I am not a body. Being quiet is becoming easier for me and I receive answers to so many of my questions when I can quiet my thoughts and allow God's Thoughts to enter.

These last three or four days have been gloomy and rainy. It might be easy to think the sun isn't shining because I can't see it. But I know the sun is always shining above the clouds that block my vision. If I think what I can see is the limit of what there is to see, I might walk around like Eeyore - a victim of my circumstances. Today's lesson reminds me that miracles are seen in light - miracles and vision go together. I need light to see and as long as I remain in darkness, I can't possibly see.

No wonder when we say we understand something we say we see the light!

No comments: