Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day 104

Today's Lesson:

I seek but what belongs to me in truth.


Today we continue with the thought that joy and peace are our right because of what we are. They come to us from God, Who cannot fail to give us what He will. However, we must be ready to receive His gifts. We cannot receive these gifts of joy and peace if we have received the gifts we made instead.

Today's lesson will help us remove all meaningless and self-made gifts which we have placed upon the holy altar where God's gifts belong. We can choose to have His gifts now, and know, in choosing them in place of what we have made, we will unite our will with God's, and recognize the same as being one.

As we practice during our five minutes each hour today, we are to lay aside the conflicts of the world that offer other gifts and other goals made of illusions. We can do this by simply recognizing that His Will is done already, and that joy and peace belong to us as His eternal gifts. We can use this reminder throughout the day:

I seek but what belongs to me in truth.
God's gifts of joy and peace are all I want.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I'm reminded today of how often we seek for external "stuff" to make us happy. We live so often in the "if only" mindset that we forget to be grateful for what we already have. I remember a note from the Universe in the daily e-mail that said one way to be happy is to give what you most want. I love that - it reminds me that if I want something and I'm able to give it, I've already got it. If I want appreciation, I need only to give it and I'll see that I already have it - otherwise I wouldn't have been able to give it to someone else. As I seek outside myself for "stuff" to make me happy, I might find that I can simply choose happiness over whatever I'm seeking, because happiness, joy and peace are already mine.

Cool!

No comments: