Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 334

Today's Lesson:

Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives.

I will not wait another day to find the treasures that my Father offers me. Illusions are all vain, and dreams are gone even while they are woven out of thoughts that rest on false perceptions. Let me not accept such meager gifts again today. God's Voice is offering the peace of God to all who hear and choose to follow Him. This is my choice today. And so I go to find the treasures God has given me.

I seek but the eternal. For Your Son can be content with nothing less than this. What, then, can be his solace but what You are offering to his bewildered mind and frightened heart, to give him certainty and bring him peace? Today I would behold my brother sinless. This Your Will for me, for so will I behold my sinlessness.


Miracles I'm noticing:

I wonder how difficult it is for people to step into their sinlessness? Many of us have been so conditioned that we are by nature sinful that it may seem like quite a stretch to see ourselves as whole, complete and perfect, and created in the image and likeness of God. To me, that seems much more peaceful than to be worried all the time about messing up. I'm reminded of when I played basketball in high school and our coach kept reminding us of the difference between playing to win and playing not to lose. Playing to win means taking some chances, trusting in your preparation and practice to bring you the outcome you've prepared for. Playing not to lose is playing it safe, doing things right and hoping the outcome is what you want.

One of my master mind groups is currently reading the book Working With the Law by Raymond Holliwell. Today's reading there was about the Law of Thinking and the Law of Supply. If we have programmed our minds to expect the worst, why should we be surprised when that is what continues to appear in front of us? That is the Law, according to Holliwell. The Law of Supply tells us that there is always plenty of supply when the demand is there. But sometimes we just don't realize what we really need and want. As soon as the demand is realized, the supply will come forward. So if we are existing in the space of not enough, that will also show up as reality for us.

When we get into the mindset of sinlessness we have no need for forgiveness, because we realize there is nothing to forgive. God intends for all of us to achieve full awareness of His reality, which is that we are whole, complete and perfect. It is our ego that keeps us from realizing this, and the ego is very strong. Unless it keeps working to fix its hold on us, it will die away, so it is desperate. Today's text tells us that "This world will bind your feet and tie your hands and kill your body only if you think that it was made to crucify God's Son. For even though it was a dream of death, you need not let it stand for this to you. Let this be changed, and nothing in the world but must be changed as well. For nothing here but is defined as what you see it for.

"How lovely is the world whose purpose is forgiveness of God's Son! How free from fear, how filled with blessing and with happiness! And what a joyous thing it is to dwell a little while in such a happy place! Nor can it be forgot, in such a world, it is a little while till timelessness comes quietly to take the place of time."

Awareness and waking up - those are my miracles for today!

No comments: