Monday, November 05, 2007

Day 309

Today's Lesson:

I will not fear to look within today.

Within me is eternal innocence, because it is God's Will that it be there forever and forever. I, His Son, whose will is limitless as is His Own, can will no change in this. For to deny my Father's Will is to deny my own. To look within is but to find my will as God created it, and as it is. I fear to look within because I think I made another will that is not true, and made it real. Yet it has no effects. Within me is the Holiness of God. Within me is the memory of Him.

The step I take today, my Father, is my sure release from idle dreams of sin. your altar stands serene and undefiled. It is the holy altar to my Self, and there I find my true identity.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I'm reading the text for today and it goes very well with the lesson. When we go within, we may find that our mind is split, believing one thing which contradicts what is really true. Today's text says that "correction, to a mind so split, must be a way to punish sins you think are yours in someone else. And thus does he become your victim, not your brother, different from you in that he is more guilty, thus in need of your correction, as the one more innocent than he.... Correction you would do must separate, because that is the function given it by you. When you perceive correction is the same as pardon, then you also know the Holy Spirit's Mind and yours are One. And so your own Identity is found."

What that says to me is that when I fail to look within, my focus is on everything I think is wrong with my brother, because I certainly wouldn't want to believe that I need any correction. The focus then is outside myself, and that really manifests separation, not oneness. If I believe that my brother "sins" while I merely am "mistaken" (and that warrants the traditional definition of forgiveness), then I am in denial of what is really true.

The text goes on to say that "correction is the function given both (my "errors" and my brother's "sins"), but neither one alone. And when it is fulfilled as shared, it must correct mistakes in you and him. It cannot leave mistakes in one unhealed and set the other free."

So whenever I see something in someone else I think needs correction, the lesson for me is to look inside myself and see where that is in me. If we are all one, there will be no division, and correction will be provided by the One Who knows correction and forgiveness are the same.

Now that's a miracle!

No comments: