Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 316

Today's Lesson:

All gifts I give my brothers are my own.

As every gift my brothers give is mine, so every gift I give belongs to me. Each one allows a past mistake to go, and leave no shadow on the holy mind my Father loves. His grace is given me in every gift a brother has received throughout all time, and past all time as well. My treasure house is full, and angels watch its open doors that not one gift is lost, and only more are added. Let me come to where my treasures are, and enter in where I am truly welcome and at home, among the gifts that God has given me.

Father, I would accept Your gifts today. I do not recognize them. Yet I trust that You Who gave them will provide the means by which I can behold them, see their worth, and cherish only them as what I want.


Miracles I'm noticing:

Some days it's more difficult than others to recognize all the miracles. There are just some days that I'm not as up as others. Yesterday was a day like that - for a while. I didn't sleep very well Saturday night, which meant I was very tired on Sunday. I met with my quartet to practice in a town 2 hours away, which meant I had to drive when I was tired. I realized I was not in the best mood, but instead of fighting it, I just let it be what it was. I was well aware of my less than cheery mood, but as the day went on and I was able to just be with my mood, the singing brought me out of it. It's tough to be sad when I'm singing.

What I'm learning is that fighting against anything - even a down mood - produces more of what I'm fighting against. Just allowing whatever is to be what it is seems to be much more beneficial overall. So that's what I noticed yesterday. There is no good or bad - there is just what is. That realization allows for much quicker recovery and realization that the gifts in the world are plentiful and God's grace is bountiful.

May we all recognize those gifts today and trust that God will provide the means by which we can cherish them!

No comments: