Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 330

Today's Lesson:

I will not hurt myself again today.

Let us this day accept forgiveness as our only function. Why should we attack our minds, and give them images of pain? Why should we teach them they are powerless, when God holds out His power and His Love, and bids them take what is already theirs? The mind that is made willing to accept God's gifts has been restored to spirit, and extends its freedom and its joy, as is the Will of God united with its own. The Self which God created cannot sin, and therefore cannot suffer. Let us choose today that He be our Identity, and thus escape forever from all things the dream of fear appears to offer us.

Father, Your Son can not be hurt. And if we think we suffer, we but fail to know our one Identity we share with You. We would return to It today, to be made free forever from all our mistakes, and to be saved from what we thought we were.


Miracles I'm noticing:

I spent Thanksgiving Day with my mom - it was just she and I as my sister and her family were on a vacation. We had a very pleasant day putting up her Christmas lights and just spending time together. On Saturday I got a card in the mail from her, thanking me for the time together. She included a $20 bill to pay for the clips I had brought home with me to put up the lights (which she didn't need to do). She also included an article from our local newspaper about identity theft. As I reflect on the card, my initial reaction - and it is that: a reaction from the subconscious, not a response based on conscious thinking - I see myself judging her gesture because it comes from a place of fear. But even as I write this I notice that judgment. I am only writing it here to show how our minds do have a "grace period," if you will where we can alter our thoughts before choosing to think them. I find myself getting better as I catch myself before I dwell on negative and judgmental thoughts. I'm not yet to the point where those thoughts don't come into my head, but I'm not acting on them nearly as much as I used to.

Today's text is from Chapter 29 in A Course in Miracles and is called "The Awakening." The section for today is called "The Closing of the Gap," which is perfect, of course. It starts by saying "There is no time, no place, o state where God is absent. There is nothing to be feared. There is no way in which a gap could be conceived of in the Wholeness that is His." Right there is my miracle. That awareness - that perfection - is exactly how everything should be. Recognition of that statement is the way I choose to live my life and I'm excited for what today has in store!

No comments: