Friday, November 09, 2007

Day 313

Today's Lesson:

Now let a new perception come to me.

Father, there is a vision which beholds all things as sinless, so that fear has gone, and where it was is love invited in. And love will come wherever it is asked. This vision is Your gift. The eyes of Christ look on a world forgiven. In His sight are all its sins forgiven, for He sees no sin in anything He looks upon. Now let His true perception come to me, that I may waken from the dream of sin and look within upon my sinlessness, which You have kept completely undefiled upon the altar to Your holy Son, the Self with which I would identify.


Let us today behold each other in the sight of Christ. How beautiful we are! How holy and how loving! Brother, come and join with me today. We save the world when we have joined. For in our vision it becomes as holy as the light in us.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend 90 minutes with our local Chamber of Commerce's Leadership class presenting on the topic of visioning. This leadership program brings together businesspeople in a year-long curriculum highlighting various aspects of community leadership where they spend one day a month on specific topics. Yesterday's was community action and participation. It was so amazing to offer some ideas to this group about possibility thinking and visualizing what our community could look like with each of them living their dream and capitalizing on their unique strengths and talents. It was really an example of how "we save the world when we have joined."

I'm finding more and more often that I'm able to incorporate what I'm learning in this course with my corporate work and it's more rewarding than I ever could have imagined. Feeling that I needed to keep my spiritual self separate from my corporate self was beginning to seem less and less necessary and now it all kind of melds together. Where is there need for fear in the corporate world? How might we all benefit from tapping into the loving part of ourselves instead of the ego part as we build our management teams? How might our corporations be different if people felt free to bring themselves to work - all of themselves, not just the parts that are expected to toe the line?

Guiding the group through an exercise called Future Self, in which they are instructed to see themselves 20 years from now, in their homes and offices, right down to the colors of the walls, I began to see how everything I'm learning can and does affect my audiences in profound ways, just because I am living what I believe. This was evidenced when, during the debrief after the visualization, two separate individuals - one a banker and one an engineer - each mentioned that in their experiences, the color of the walls - and even the infrastructure of the community - 20 years from now was insignificant. What was important was the quality of the relationships they had built with their families and co-workers. What that told each of them was that today they can make decisions that will impact their relationships 2o years from now, which will create - and allow - for more meaningful results both at work and at home.

That was profoundly moving for me because it proved to me that this is not just my theory - this can and does actually work in Corporate America. Following our 90-minute session, the Chamber representative told me that they had been trying this visualization session for the past 5 years and had gotten pretty negative feedback from the participants. She said that this year she was certain the marks would be much higher - that this was exactly what they had hoped to find, but weren't able to articulate it.

I'm beginning to understand that as a conduit for the Holy Spirit, I really have no need to worry about what to say or how to present my material. When I get out of the way, magic happens around me. As my vision is altered to behold all things as sinless, I allow others to do the same. And I'm clear that that's not I - Jodee ... that's the Universal I in which we are all connected.

Awareness is amazing - and I'm blessed and grateful for the miracles that are everywhere!

No comments: