Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 326

Today's Lesson:

I am forever an Effect of God.

Father, I was created in Your Mind, a holy Thought that never left its home. I am forever Your Effect, and You forever and forever are my Cause. As You created me I have remained. Where You established me I still abide. And all Your attributes abide in me, because it is Your Will to have a Son so like his Cause that Cause and Its Effect are indistinguishable. Let me know that I am an Effect of God, and so I have the power to create like You. And as it is in Heaven, so on earth. Your plan I follow here, and at the end I know that You will gather Your effects into the tranquil Heaven of Your Love, where earth will vanish, and all separate thoughts unite in glory as the Son of God.


Let us today behold earth disappear, at first transformed, and then, forgiven, fade entirely into God's holy Will.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today is Thanksgiving, and a perfect time to remember everything we're grateful for. Top on my list is my own awareness, which allows me to study this course and to learn something every single day. I think about things so differently than I used to, and, given today's lesson, I realize that it is because I am aware that I am forever an Effect of God. Forever. I have the power to create like God - as above, so below.

I am reminded of a Carl Jung quote I heard about on a Wayne Dyer CD. Carl said something like the surest way to be unhappy is to believe in a God outside yourself. It hadn't occurred to me until I heard that quote that my upbringing was a bit of a contradiction when I think about what I remember learning. I remember someone saying that God is everywhere, including in my heart. But I also remember an image of God being in heaven, which to me was in the sky, sitting on a throne, with Jesus at his right hand. He, of course, was the white-bearded guy in a robe (where did we all come up with that image?).

If I believe that God is outside of myself, I will always be subject to Him, and hoping to connect with Him, instead of being an Effect of Him and being part of Him.

That awareness is my thanksgiving thought for the day. How will that change my perception of who I say I am, and, consequently, who I am being?

No comments: