Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 305

Today's Lesson:

There is a peace that Christ bestows on us.

Who uses but Christ's vision finds a peace so deep and quiet, undisturbable and wholly changeless, that the world contains no counterpart. Comparisons are still before this peace. And all the world departs in silence as this peace envelops it, and gently carries it to truth, no more to be the home of fear. For love has come, and healed the world by giving it Christ's peace.

Father, the peace of Christ is given us, because it is Your Will that we be saved. Help us today but to accept Your gift, and judge it not. For it has come to us to save us from our judgment on ourselves.


Miracles I'm noticing:

What a wonderful lesson today! There is no need for comparison or competition when we accept the gift of Christ's peace. What could we possibly want to argue about with this as the truth?

I've found myself being much more aware of my own judgment recently and each time I feel a judgment, I am immediately grateful for the awareness. It's funny, because thinking back, I probably would have said things that I would never say now - I'm not quite to the point where I'm not thinking things yet, but it's getting so much better.

I remember what my spiritual teacher said once when I told her I thought I was getting better and that, as a coach, I always tried to help my clients notice their own progress as well. She said that was all well and good if I wanted to play on that level, but that all I needed to do was decide now to stop the incremental improvements and change my mind about ever being judgmental or fearful again. It can happen that quickly that I give up that story completely, she said.

So, if we know that we can give up the story, why don't we do that? What is the comfort we must think we find by holding on to our stories about why we can't make that shift? Is there fear in being completely loving? That seems a little counter-intuitive, but maybe it's true.

Today we are given a definitive statement: There is a peace that Christ bestows on us. That is a declaration, not a question. So what is fearful about accepting that as Truth? I'm reminded of the title of Bill Cosby's new book: Come on People! But would that be judgmental of me to believe that others need to come on board with these beliefs? It's just so much easier to take care of my own thoughts and my own "stuff," which I know will change the world much more thoroughly than if I delay my own awakening by worrying about everyone else.

So my miracle today is the recognition that when I make up my mind to change my mind, I will be doing my part to bring peace to the rest of the world. In fact, I will be doing all that I can do as I make a commitment to that level of being.

So there's my declaration!

No comments: