Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day 283

Today's Lesson:

My true Identity abides in you.

Father, I made an image of myself, and it is this I call the Son of God. Yet is creation as it always was, for Your creation is unchangeable. Let me not worship idols. I am he my Father loves. My holiness remains the light of Heaven and the Love of God. Is not what is beloved of You secure? Is not the light of Heaven infinite? Is not Your Son my true Identity, when You created everything that is?


Now are we one in shared Identity, with God our Father as our only Source, and everything created part of us. And so we offer blessing to all things, uniting lovingly with all the world, which our forgiveness has made one with us.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Last night's course gathering was amazing, as usual. It ended up being a counseling session for me regarding my relationship with my mother, which apparently I needed to hear. That's the beauty of this course and the wonderful people with whom I share my learning. Whenever one of us has something to work through, the rest of us apparently have need of similar lessons in our own lives, and, miraculously, the lesson we are studying applies perfectly.

Here is what I read after I diverted the study to my issue:

"It cannot be that it is hard to do the task that Christ appointed you to do, since it is He Who does it. And in the doing of it will you learn the body merely seems to be the means to do it. For the Mind is His. And so it must be yours. His Holiness directs the body through the mind at one with Him. And you are manifest unto your holy brother [mother], as he to you."

No accidents there.

We learned from our fellow course participants about many miracles in each of our lives, from a possible trip to Indonesia for one of them to a class in past life regression that two of them will be attending in Sedona to a connection one of them has with a long-lost friend in Hong Kong through a friend in Hawaii. Our connections in Fargo, North Dakota are reaching all over the world!

When I got home from course last night, I picked up where I'd been reading in the book Eat, Pray, Love and Liz is now in India studying at an Ashram. In this part of the book she had just been led up to a rooftop where she was handed a list of instructions and told to stay here until she was finished (she was struggling to let go of her baggage in her relationship with her ex-husband). Here is what I not coincidentally read there last night:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREEDOM

1. Life's metaphors are God's instructions.
2. You have just climbed up and above the roof. There is nothing between you and the Infinite. Now, let go.
3. The day is ending. It's time for something that was beautiful to turn into something else that is beautiful. Now, let go.
4. Your wish for resolution was a prayer. Your being here is God's response. Let go, and watch the stars come out - on the outside and on the inside.
5. With all your heart, ask for grace, and let go.
6. With all your heart, forgive him [her], FORGIVE YOURSELF, and let him [her] go.
7. Let your intention be freedom from useless suffering. Then, let go.
8. Watch the heat of the day pass into the cool night. Let go.
9. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It's safe. Let go.
10. When the past has passed from you at last, let go. Then climb down and begin the rest of your life. With great joy.

Later in that chapter I read:

"You might just as well hang it up and kiss God good-bye if you really need to keep blaming somebody else for your own life's limitations. So what I asked of God that night on the Ashram roof was - given the reality that I would probably never speak to my ex-husband again - might there be some level upon which we could communicate? Some level on which we could forgive?"


Through Liz's meditation that night on the roof, she realized that she could finish the business herself, from within herself. That's what my coursemates were trying to tell me last night. I need to forgive myself and move on instead of holding resentments and stories as truths in my own mind regarding my mother.

So I'm on the way toward healing and I promise this is the last time you will have to read about my mother! Those are certainly miracles, and I'm blessed and grateful to have friends and fellow spiritual students right here in my life to help guide me through it. Thank you, Posse!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being one of Jodee's posse, I felt compelled to comment here and echo the sentiment. The Course has completely changed the way I see the world. There is no use in fighting or struggling or being angry (at least not for more than five minutes...allowing ourselves to be human as that is the experience we are having. Knowing that whatever we are experiencing is a part of our "story" and that we have the power to change that story by simply deciding for love over ego, makes this journey so much FUN!
I was at the post office yesterday and there was an older woman at the counter speaking to the mail clerk through an adaptive device that she held against her throat. As she spoke, her words came out rather loud and "robotic" in nature. She was very upset about the fact that she could no longer buy $.39 stamps because she had 6 one cent stamps that she wanted to use. In fact, she went so far as to tell the clerk that she had completely wasted her time by standing in line asking how she was going to use her 6 one-cent stamps. I couldn't help but reflect (notice what I was noticing) about her behavior. I couldn't imagine why she would be so upset about something so trivial. As I thought about it, I found it interesting that she has lost her voice...I concluded my thoughts about this woman as she walked away by sending her thoughts of love and forgiveness. As we talked about last night at our group discussion, that is all there really is, love, love and more love.
Jodee, thank you for the dialogue last night. As you commented, processing your situation brings clarity to the rest of us. I love you very much!

Michael

Anonymous said...

I just keep seeing your blog when I look for mine (yeah, I've had the domain a while ;), so I thought I'd drop by and say hi... so "Hi."

Jodee Bock said...

Michael and Jason:

Thank you so much for stopping by! Michael - I'm so grateful for you! It is amazing what shows up for us when we notice what we notice. What a great story about the woman at the post office. I am learning that it is my duty to send the kind of love and light you sent to this woman to anyone I see who is in any way hurting or upset. That is how we heal the world, by sending silent blessings.

Jason - I hope you'll stop by again!