Friday, October 05, 2007

Day 278

Today's Lesson:

If I am bound, my Father is not free.

If I accept that I am prisoner within a body, in a world in which all things that seem to live appear to die, then is my Father prisoner with me. And this do I believe, when I maintain the laws the world obeys must I obey; the frailties and the sins which I perceive are real, and cannot be escape. If I am bound in any way, I do not know my Father nor my Self. And I am lost to all reality. For truth is free, and what is bound is not a part of truth.

Father, I ask for nothing but the truth. I have had many foolish thoughts about myself and my creation, and have brought a dream of fear into my mind. Today, I would not dream. I choose the way to You instead of madness and instead of fear. For truth is safe, and only love is sure.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I met with a friend last night who was here from out of state and we had a wonderful talk and dinner. I love being with this friend because we can both try out new ideas and get to the truth really quickly. Even though he lives many states away, we can always pick up right where we left off. Last night we talked about each of our experiences with religion and how those preconceptions and early conditioning really did help us get to the place each of us finds ourselves today. He's not really sure whether or not he believes in God, but he knows there is something to be believed in. His experience as a child was of a punishing, rule-making God, so he's not sure that's what he'd choose now. But it's so fun to be able to have conversations about God in a safe space.

Today's lesson really validates our conversation from last night. If I am bound - bound by old conditioning or old habits or things that just don't work anymore - then my Father is not free. Truth is free, and what is bound is not a part of truth.

Realizing that I can choose my thoughts and I can question whether or not those thoughts are true without fear of hellfire and damnation for having those thoughts is very freeing for me. That actually leads me back to the God I perceive within myself and my brothers. And that is where I want to be.

That's the miracle!

No comments: