Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lesson 32

Today's Lesson:

I have invented the world I see.
This lesson is another chance for us to understand the theme of cause and effect. I am not the victim of the world I see because I invented it. It's pretty difficult to be the victim of what I have invented. If it's all made up anyway, then it should become easier and easier to give up what is distressing and make up something new. This applies to everything I see on the outside, and everything I see when I close my eyes.

Again, this will take practice because it may seem rather foreign to us. So the lesson asks us to take time really think about today's idea - with things we see with our physical eyes, and things we see in our own minds.

Miracles I'm noticing:

It's no coincidence that today's message from TUT is as follows:

Looking for the gift in a situation, Jodee, typically means there's a belief that the situation's outcome could have been better.

And thinking that an outcome could have been better, only happens when there's a belief that one's joy could have been greater had there been a different outcome.

And thinking that one's joy hinges on the outcome of any time-space occurrence, almost always means that some cool cat somewhere, has ever so briefly forgotten not to interpret events with their physical senses alone, that all the elements, then and now, are lining up in their favor, and that their own happy feet needn't have missed a beat.

Bust a move -
The Universe

I continue to see how what I'm learning here applies to the training I'm conducting this week. My goal for my business is to integrate spirituality and business, and every day I become more and more clear about how I might be able to do that. I stopped to see another client on Wednesday and am noticing how what I'm learning is causing me to be much more confident with my consulting advice. I will be doing more work with this other client because I was able to be genuine and authentic and they realized, I think, that this candid and sincere conversation is exactly what they'd like to continue with their own staff.

Yesterday we talked about how whatever we're doing with our supervision in the workplace is made up - it's all a game - and if it's not working, we can just make up something else. That has taken me some time to really get in my own life. I've been so busy reading and listening to other people to form my own opinion, that it's nice to remember that somewhere along the way the people who are now "authorities" had to make up whatever rules we now consider to be standards. I was thinking yesterday: I love Emerson and read his writing as often as I can because I feel so validated in my own thought process. But he didn't have Emerson to read when he was alive, so where did that information come from? He probably kicked around his own ideas with friends like Thoreau. They probably read Plato and Aristotle. So where did Plato and Aristotle get their ideas? I think there is really something to being quiet and going within. We really do know all this stuff anyway. It's just a matter of getting rid of what isn't working. It's a matter of understanding that it's all invented.

No comments: