Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Day 45

Today's Lesson:

God is the Mind with which I think.
Today's lesson reminds us that we do not know what our real thoughts are. What we think is real is not what is real. Nothing that we think we see is anything like what vision will show us. We have been domesticated away from the Mind of God, which is our real Mind. We really think with the Mind of God who created us. Thoughts do not leave their source, so our thoughts are in the Mind of God just as they are in our own minds, which is where He is.

Even though the Mind of God has been covered with our own thoughts, and our own beliefs about what is real that have cluttered our minds over the years, those thoughts that we thought with God in the beginning are still there, completely unchanged. This foundation remains unchanged. This is the foundation we will be trying to reach as we practice today. This is an exercise in holiness.

Miracles I'm noticing:

As I become more awake and live my life through what I'm learning in this Course, I notice that my conversations are shifting toward the Mind of God. I may not realize it at the time, but in thinking back over the conversations I had yesterday, I notice that my intention is always toward the light that I know is inside me. A friend called last night to share some really great news with me about his career, and we began talking about The Secret and vision boards. He's been struggling with creating his own vision board because he just doesn't know what he really wants. I mentioned to him that his life was so amazing and things are really happening for him - what could he create by being really intentional if this is what is showing up without even really knowing what he wants? That led us to a great conversation - well, it was more of a monologue on my part because the words just kept coming. I shared with him what I'm noticing in my own life and how he is exactly where he needs to be because I know in my own life that God is the Light in what I see (yesterday's lesson). I'm so much more confident in my own Knowing that it is easier to reflect what I see in others because I see Light.

We talked about what I've learned about myself over the past 4 years or so, right up to December when I named my Genius during Dick Richards' Genius Workshop, which gave me access to an entirely new opening. My friend kept telling me that he wished someone could just tell him what he should want and what he should do, and I totally understood what he was saying because there was a part of me that used to be like that, too. I understand now that when we are working on finding our own Genius and giving it a name, it means we have to do some work, and part of that work is looking inside for those parts that we might rather ignore. Sometimes our Genius shows up as what others might consider a weakness - it's really a strength dialed up a couple of notches. For example, all my life people told me I was "too" something - too intense, too driven, too passionate - and what I realize is that that's my Genius (Inviting Dialogue) showing up on overdrive. As I learn to listen more and talk less, I learn, too, and that's what dialogue is all about.

Last night I realized in talking with my friend that dialogue also involves talking, which I heard myself doing more of than usual. As I've been working on balancing this Genius, I realize that there have been times I haven't said everything I want to say, and that has left me at times with a feeling of uneasiness. Last night I may have overbalanced on the talking side, but I told my friend that's what I noticed and the conversation was very authentic.

When I realize that God is the Light in what I see (from yesterday) and that God is the Mind with which I think, and that they have never left me despite all the clutter I've put in the way, it becomes much easier to be authentic. Intention is everything at this stage for me.

What are you noticing in your own life?

No comments: