Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 48

Today's Lesson:

There is nothing to fear.
Today's lesson is simply a statement of fact. It is not a fact to those who believe in illusions, but illusions are not facts. In truth there is nothing to fear. It is very easy to recognize this. But it is very difficult to recognize it for those who want illusions to be true.

The presence of fear is a sure sign that we are trusting in our own strength. The awareness that there is nothing to fear shows that somewhere in our minds, though not necessarily in a place we yet recognize, we have remembered God, and let His strength take the place of our weakness. The instant we are willing to do this, there is indeed nothing to fear.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I write another blog called You Already Know This Stuff, and on Thursday I was writing my Thursday's With Jodee post where I ask a question to get the dialogue going. The question I was going to use on Thursday was "What are your fears?" but I always start the dialogue by answering the question first. When I tried to do that on Thursday, I couldn't think of an answer to that question, so I must be getting this idea for today. I had to use a different question. As I've been training my mind to believe that there are only two ways to see the world, through the eyes of fear and through the eyes of love, I notice that love is starting to win out in nearly every case.

I'm also noticing more and more when I talk to my mother how often she seems to see things through the eyes of fear. In nearly every conversation we have there is some reference to being careful, watching out, or some other indication that there is fear of something. It's just an interesting observation and it doesn't affect me the way it used to. Now I just notice but don't take it on for myself.

Where do you see fear (or not) in your life? What are you noticing?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have to tell you, just reading "There is nothing to fear" felt like a weight being lifted from my chest. It's like someone telling you from a deep place that everything is going to be ok and then knowing that it's true. I need to write that somewhere I can see it every day!

Jodee Bock said...

Kimberly: I am so glad you read today's lesson and got that feeling!! That's what this Course is about and that's what I had hoped this blog would be about. It's retraining our minds to KNOW what we KNOW - and to put those ideas in front of us every day, as you've suggested. Thank you so much for visiting!!! Come back often!