Monday, February 05, 2007

Day 36

Today's Lesson:

My holiness envelops everything I see.

Today's idea extends the idea for yesterday from the perceiver to the perceived. As the lesson tells us, we are holy because our minds are part of God's. And because we are holy, our sight must be holy as well. "Sinless" means without sin. You cannot be without sin a little - you either are sinless or you're not. If our minds are part of God's, we must be sinless, or a part of His Mined would be sinful. Our sight is related to His Holiness, not our our egos, and therefore not to our bodies.

Miracles I'm noticing:

This lesson reminds me of an introductory philosophy class I took in college - logic. If A = B and B = C, then A = C. If our minds are part of God's (A = B) and God's Mind is sinless (B = C), the our minds must be sinless (A = C). Logically it makes sense. It's just that our minds have been trained illogically all these years. This Course is simply a course in mind retraining. It may seem logical when it's put down like this, but that doesn't mean it will be an easy process to retrain. That's why the lesson gives us specific actions to take to help us understand this new way of seeing. The lesson reminds us that this process should be effortless, so the retraining should not be stressful - in fact, with practice, this new way of seeing and being in the world feels very natural to me. It's almost like coming home to something I've known deep down all my life. Exclusion has always felt uncomfortable to me, whether that be in my religious training or in any conversation where someone is "right" and someone else is "wrong" - or where someone is "good" and someone else is "bad."

When I've been able to get outside those labels, it's been much more comfortable for me to do or say or be anything. So see for yourself where you might notice a level of comfort or discomfort around today's idea. The discomfort is simply an indicator that there might be another way to look at things - and see whether it's your ego's discomfort. You might be pleasantly surprised to note that the letting go will feel much more comfortable than the holding tight that your ego wants to do.

No comments: