Friday, February 09, 2007

Day 40

Today's Lesson:

I am blessed as a Son of God.
Today's idea begins to show the fun of this Course. Today's exercises take little time and no effort. This shows the power of positive thoughts. As we think about the message today, we are to add several of the attributes we associate with being a Son of God, applying them to ourselves. We are to think about this throughout the day whenever it occurs to us. The format may be like this:

I am blessed as a Son of God. I am happy, peaceful, loving and contented or I am calm, quiet, assured and confident.

Whenever we remember to repeat the idea for today, we are to think about it - preferably every ten minutes.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Wow. I had quite the day yesterday. I spoke last night for the Minnesota College Business Professional of America State Convention in Mankato, MN, which is a lot further away from Fargo than I originally thought. I was working away yesterday around 1:00, and thought I better check Mapquest to find out how long it would take to get to Mankato and Mapquest said it was about 5 hours away. I wasn't packed or ready at all and I was scheduled to speak at 8:00.

So I hurried and got packed and stopped to get gas and was on the road by 2:00, but it wasn't looking like I was going to have much time at all to get ready (and I needed to iron my shirt!). I punched the address into my GPS and told it I wanted to arrive by 6:00. The GPS told me I would be there by 7:26, so I was 1 hour and 26 minutes behind my estimated arrival time.

I tuned into my beloved XM radio Channel 156 - Oprah and Friends on the way and heard an amazing interview with Oprah and Gary Zukav, author of Seat of the Soul. It was a fascinating interview and I was very into it. In fact, I even called in and left a message for Oprah there telling her how wonderful I thought it was. I was so into the show that I didn't really realize that the highway patrol car I passed was waiting for me.

So I pulled over and the patrolman was very polite. He asked if I was watching my speed and I had to admit that I was - and told him I was going to be late to a speaking engagement in Mankato. He told me that a patrol plane had clocked me consistently at 80 - 81 mph in this 70 mph zone. (It was consistent because I had my cruise set there.) He took my licence and registration and went back to his car. When he came back, he asked more about what I was speaking for, what I do, how I got into that, and other very engaging questions. Then he folded up the ticket in his hand, and handed it through the window and said, "well, there's your written warning," and proceeded to tell me the best way to get to Mankato the quickest way.

That was truly a miracle - an angel sent to remind me to S-L-O-W D-O-W-N ... not just on the road. He was also an angel because he allowed me 3 minutes to practice my elevator speech for Bock's Office Transformational Consulting and our new focus which will be announced in the next couple of weeks. What an opportunity to be truly grateful!

Then last night after my speech, one of the deans at the college who is an advisor to this student group (and who, by the way, won 3 awards last night for her participation and mentorship) told me that she has always wanted to be a speaker and she's been kicking around those ideas for her retirement in the next year or so when she moves to New Hampshire to be closer to her grandchildren. She asked if I needed an Eastern division for my company. As we got talking, it turns out her education, training, and experience (her genius) fits into a niche we are lacking: curriculum development and active facilitation. When I checked e-mail this morning, she had already sent me a note along with her credentials. Wow! As she told me last night: "there are no accidents."

For sure! I am TRULY blessed as a Son of God!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your blog every morning- its part of my daily routine- and one thing that stuck out for me today is your angel telling you to slow down- this week as I have been busy with several different things I have noticed how much I try to hurry my kids- hurry up we have to go- hurry up we need to get ready- hurry up I am going to be late- what I am in such a hurry for? From what I understant there is no time- and when I slow down to remember that a feeling of calm comes over me imediatly- when I read your blog its so cool that you saw that message this week as well- how close we all connect!

Jodee Bock said...

Thank you, Jodie, for BEING who you are BEING. I know Keaton and Foster and Eli are reaping the benefits - as are you! What great reminders we all get and, as you said, we all connect!! Proof positive!