Friday, February 16, 2007

Day 47

Today's Lesson:

God is the Strength in which I trust.
Today's idea reminds us that of ourselves and by ourselves we are too apprehensive, anxious and fearful to trust in our our strength. After all, our ego is running the show and our ego wants to keep us unpredictable and untrustworthy. To believe that we can trust in ourselves alone is to justify fear, anxiety, depression, anger and sorrow. The lesson says, "who can put his faith in weakness and feel safe? Yet who can put his faith in strength and feel weak?"

God is our safety in every circumstance. His Voice speaks for Him in all situations and in every aspect of all situations, telling you exactly what to do to call upon His strength and His protection.

Today we are to spend four five-minute practice periods in which we search for situations in our lives which we have invested with fear, dismissing each one by telling ourselves:

God is the Strength in which I trust.
The lesson says that the recognition of our own frailty is a necessary step in the correction of our errors, but it can't stop there. That will hardly give us the confidence we need, and to which we are entitled. We also need to gain an awareness that our confidence and strength - which is in God - is fully justified in every respect and in all circumstances.

The intention for today's practice periods is to reach that place of deep peace inside ourselves. When we are able to let go of all the trivial things that are on the surface of our minds and reach down below them, we will reach the Kingdom of Heaven inside of us where there is perfect peace, and where nothing is impossible. This is where the strength of God abides.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's lesson reminds me that I do not have to do anything alone. I'm reminded of a huge turning point in my own life last March when, in a moment of frustration with my career, I seriously considered throwing in the towel and just getting a job. I remember distinctly throwing my hands in the air and saying, "I can't do this alone." That same afternoon I received a call from the man who was to become my new business partner, telling me about his own business (also a sole proprietorship) and how he had sold a big idea to a large client. I'll never forget his words: "I can't do this alone." It was then that I realized I wasn't a SOLE proprietor, I was a SOUL proprietor. And together we could do so much more than each of us could do alone - and that we would always have a Senior Partner since God would always be the Strength in which we both trusted.

I'm also thinking about Steve Farber's newest book The Radical Edge in which he gives us four change-the-world guidelines. Those are:

1) Define what you mean by "world" and get clear on how you want the world to be different from the current reality."
2) Act as though your every action has a direct impact on the world.
3) Don't judge yourself based on the outcome of your efforts. If you succeed, don't take credit for it; if you fail, don't blame yourself.
4) Never, never, ever try to do this alone.

I think of Steve and these four guidelines often. I have a wonderful support group - this Course in Miracles group I study with each week - to bounce ideas around with, to ask questions of, to support in their own change-the-world ideas. Re-reading Steve's writing - both this book and his first book The Radical Leap - gives me new ideas and supports me in my own beliefs and ideas for making a difference in the world.

The real miracle for today is that I'm having lunch with Steve Farber here in Fargo! I met him in 2004 in Minneapolis, and he endorsed my book. We've kept in touch, and he e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago to let me know he'd be speaking in Fargo for a client and asked if I wanted to meet him for lunch. I'm so excited to talk with him since a lot has changed in my life since we last spoke in person in 2004. And Steve is on my Vision Board - along with Oprah, Ellen, Deepak, Wayne, Marianne and other people I want to meet (he's to the right of Oprah, right under "Live Your Best Life" and right above "Dare to Dream"). That's a miracle to me!

No comments: