Monday, February 19, 2007

Day 50

Today's Lesson

I am sustained by the Love of God.
Today's idea holds the answer to every problem that will confront us today, tomorrow and throughout time. We have traditionally believed that we are sustained by everything but God. We have put our faith in trivial and insane symbols like pills, money, "protective" clothing, influence, prestige, being liked, knowing the "right" people, and an endless list of forms of nothingness that we endow with magical powers.

All we need to do is look inside ourselves for the Answer to all our ills and troubles. The Love of God will protect us in all circumstances. It will transport us into a state of mind that nothing can threaten, nothing can disturb, and where nothing can intrude upon the eternal calm of the Son of God.

Today's lesson is a declaration of release from the belief in idols, which is anything we've put in the place of the Love of God. We are to repeat it to ourselves often today. Repeat it, think about it, let related thoughts come to help us recognize its truth, and allow peace to flow over us like a blanket of protection and security.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I tell myself that it's difficult to meditate because my mind is so wild and active. Yet all the lessons we've been given over the past 50 days are really great ideas for meditation. What I am learning is that meditation is only difficult because I say it is. When I can relax into the thought for the day, and allow the peace of God to take over, which is my birthright, after all, meditation doesn't seem so daunting.

Why, if we know about the benefits of being quiet, being still, listening and allowing, don't we take the time each day to just be quiet? Why don't we do what we know? Where is the breakdown?

Let's make a pact with ourselves today to take 10 minutes sometime during the day and be still. There is absolutely no way each one of us can't negotiate 10 minutes of our day to stillness. Wayne Dyer says he meditates at red lights. If each red light is about 2 minutes and if he stops for 20 red lights a day, that's 40 minutes right there. He says there will always be someone to tell him he needs to go if he doesn't see the light turn green - that's what car horns are for!

I love my time in the mornings when I read this lesson and think about it enough to write something here. It has become my ritual and it is the precursor to the 10 minutes of stillness. What are you noticing in your own life?

4 comments:

Phil Gerbyshak said...

10 minutes of stillness a day? I think I can do this. Thanks for the reminder Jodee. I'm not still nearly enough.

Jodee Bock said...

I know we all can, Phil - I'm not yet still enough either, but I'm on that road! We are evolving together!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this Jodi, my adhd brain is all over the place and sometimes I almost have to repeat the lesson as a mantra to settle my thoughts. baby steps.

Jodee Bock said...

Sharon: Baby steps are still steps. One of my favorite TUT messages is still on my bulletin board:

"The difference between baby steps and playing small is one prepares you for success, the other for a fall."

Keep on steppin', Baby!