Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 44

Today's Lesson:

God is the light in which I see.
Today's idea takes yesterday's one step further. It tells us that we cannot see in darkness, and we cannot make light. In order to see, we must recognize that light is within, not without. This light is with us always, making vision possible in every circumstance.

Today's practice asks us to think of the lesson with our eyes open, and then close them, repeating the idea several times more. We are to try to sink into our minds, letting go every kind of interference and intrusion by quietly sinking past them. Our minds cannot be stopped in this unless we choose to stop them.

We should experience some sense of relaxation, and even a feeling that we are approaching, if not actually entering into light. The lesson tells us to be determined not to forget to repeat the lesson several times throughout the day today.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I'm reminded of the highway patrolman who stopped me on Thursday. He didn't give me a ticket, but the warning was to "slow down." To me that is a physical manifestation of today's lesson. I find myself breathing deeply much more often recently as the busyness of each day seems to bring on more activity and more "stuff." It's been automatic for me to breathe deeply, and my friend Gina noticed that as I do that, I allow myself more breathing space. It happens automatically, but I do notice that my unconscious mind is asking for that space, so I know I need to create it for myself.

This morning the radio came on to wake me up, and the first story I heard had something to do with allowing guns in the home, from what I could gather. I heard one of our North Dakota legislators say something like "if someone broke into my house at 2 in the morning, I would shoot him so many times he would leak like a watering can when I was done." During my first meditation this morning, he came to my mind and instead of being angry with him over his abrupt and rather definitive language, I thought of him and sent light to him. I realized that in order to heal the world, I cannot fight anger with anger - in fact, it's not about fighting at all. I can understand how people can get riled up to join in anger and how charisma can be misguided. I choose to send light with my charisma, and when I can get ego out of the way, what is left but love and light?

I will choose today to connect with the light of God, the light in which I see everything.

What are you noticing in your own life?

No comments: