Sunday, February 18, 2007

Day 49

Today's Lesson:

God's Voice speaks to me all through the day.
It is possible to listen to God's Voice all through the day without interrupting your regular activities in any way. God's Voice is the part of our minds which is calm, always at rest, and wholly certain - that is the part where truth abides. The other part is constantly distracted, disorganized, and highly uncertain - the part that functions in the world and obeys the world's laws.

We simply need to identify with the part of our minds where stillness and peace reign. It is there despite the idle chatter that fills up the other part.

If we are still and open up our minds, sinking deep into the peace that waits beyond the frantic sights and sounds of this insane world, we will reach our real home - our home with God.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I ran into a former co-worker of mine yesterday and as I stopped to chat with her, all those distracted, disorganized, negative, heavy thoughts were immediately engaged. I asked her how she was doing and she proceeded to tell me about everything that was wrong in her life. She was so upset about one particular person that she said she wanted him fired (he's a newspaper reporter and she didn't like something he had written in the paper). Then she went on to tell me about my other former co-workers - who she liked and who she hated. After she had dumped all that, then she asked about my work. I told her it was fabulous and I was very happy. She asked about travel and I told her that I do travel quite a bit. She then went on to say how she loves living blocks from where she works and would never want to travel like that. All I could say to her was something like I wish her the best and hope everything turns out the way she wants it to.

I felt physically heavy and burdened after I talked to her. Those kinds of people just don't show up in my space anymore. I couldn't stop thinking about her and how easy it could have been to jump into that pity party - that's what the old me would have done. But I just couldn't. I carried her sorrow and pity and anger with me for a while that afternoon until I remembered something Wayne Dyer said in one of the many CDs I have. He said when he encounters people like that, he just sends them a silent blessing and moves on. So I did that. As soon as I did, the weight was lifted and the light came back. I know that that was God speaking to me underneath all the heaviness. I'm grateful for that encounter - and I can give thanks "for giving" me that experience so I can remember how to make conscious contact with the Voice of God and can also forgive myself for having been like that sometime in my life.

No comments: