Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 267

Today's Lesson:

My heart is beating in the peace of God.

Surrounding me is all the life that God created in His Love. It calls to me in every heartbeat and in every breath; in every action and in every thought. Peace fills my heart, and floods my body with the purpose of forgiveness. Now my mind is healed, and all I need to save the world is given me. Each heartbeat brings me peace; each breath infuses me with strength. I am a messenger of God, directed by His Voice, sustained by Him in love, and held forever quiet and at peace within His loving Arms. Each heartbeat calls His Name, and every one is answered by His Voice, assuring me I am at home in Him.

Let me attend Your Answer, not my own. Father, my heart is beating in the peace of the Heart of Love created. It is there and only there that I can be at home.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I definitely have my moments of peace; but there are still those moments of worry and doubt, which remind me that I am still on the journey and haven't reached the destination yet. It is in those moments of worry and doubt that today's lesson is so necessary for me.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to ride with a friend to a small town about 90 minutes away and the ride was quite peaceful, simply because I didn't have to drive. The leaves are turning color, and the day was sunny and hot. However, it was very windy, which caused my friend to have to really hold on to the wheel more tightly than normal. I knew this because of the big gusts that would grab the car and try to throw it off course. Although had all the makings of a peaceful drive for me, I found myself being just the slightest bit nervous because I wasn't in control of the car. I found myself at least once doing the mom gasp (I call it that because my mom did that all the time when she would ride with me - gasp and grab the dash when a car in front of us put on its brake lights or for many other reasons which were mostly unknown to me as the driver) and then catching myself and remembering that she is perfectly capable of driving safely.

When I remember that I don't have to be a back seat driver in my own life, I know that God's love calls to me in every heartbeat and every breath and peace fills my heart. My mind is healed, and all I need to save the world is given me.

This is a great reminder to me to just notice the miracles all around, because they're there all the time.

I'll be on my way to Pierre, SD in a couple of hours, and as I'm driving, I will keep today's lesson in mind. I'm sure I'll see many opportunities to notice my heart beating in the peace of God.

What are you noticing??

No comments: