Thursday, September 06, 2007

Day 249

Today's Lesson:

Forgiveness ends all suffering and loss.

Forgiveness paints a picture of a world where suffering is over, loss becomes impossible and anger makes no sense. Attack is gone, and madness has an end. What suffering is now conceivable? What loss can be sustained? The world becomes a place of joy, abundance, charity and endless giving. It is now so like to Heaven that it quickly is transformed into the light that it reflects. And so the journey which the Son of God began has ended in the light from which he came.

Father, we would return our minds to You. We have betrayed them, held them in a vise of bitterness, and frightened them with thoughts of violence and death. Now would we rest again in You, as You created us.
Miracles I'm noticing:

I'm thinking this morning again of Gary Renard's book Disappearance of the Universe. In that book I really started to understand the power of forgiveness by the way he described his experiences with this Course. He reminds us to forgive our brothers for what they didn't do, which to me is a reminder that everything I perceive as "wrong" with anyone else is something I made up.

As I listen over and over to Byron Katie doing "The Work" with audience members in the CD recording of a live lecture she did with Wayne Dyer, I also see how forgiveness - of ourselves as well as others - is so freeing and powerful. We have this belief that the way we see things is the way they should be, and so we see others (and ourselves) as flawed and wrong. Katie reminds us to question those thoughts and see whether or not it's really true that anyone should be any way except the way they are. "He should be more respectful." "She should be better with her money." Really? Who says? Maybe they are perfect the way they are and we need to forgive them for not being perfect in our eyes.

Today I will look at everything and everyone with forgiving eyes. That will be my miracle!

No comments: