Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 253

Today's Lesson:

My Self is ruler of the universe.

It is impossible that anything should come to me unbidden by myself. Even in this world, it is I who rule my destiny. What happens is what I desire. What does not occur is what I do not want to happen. This must I accept. For thus am I led past this world to my creations, children of my will, in Heaven where my holy Self abides with them and Him Who has created me.

You are the Self Whom You created Son, creating like Yourself and One with You. My Self, which rules the universe, is but Your Will in perfect union with my own, which can but offer glad assent to Yours, that it may be extended to Itself.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I just spent a wonderful weekend at WomanSong, a celebration of women and art on the prairie in a campground in south central North Dakota. Although the weather took a North Dakota turn - from 95 degrees on Friday to 45 degrees on Saturday with rain and wind, it was a great event with wonderful camaraderie and spirit.

Weather doesn't matter - and doesn't dampen the spirit of people here, and this weekend was a great example. It would have been easy to be upset about the weather, and I heard some people complaining about being cold. But it is what it is - and complaining about the cold doesn't make it warmer. I noticed that when people were joyful, the weather didn't matter, and that was what was the most fun.

On Sunday the sun came out and the wind died down and everyone was taking off layers and sitting in the sun listening to music and speakers and playing in the "playshops" and it was beautiful. The woman who had the hula hoop booth was especially busy on Sunday as people were hulaing all over the grounds. We took three of the custom-made hoops back in our RV as three people in our group purchased them.

I'm grateful that my Self is ruler of the universe and that I know that I rule my destiny ... but I am not my self - I am my Self. There is a difference.

No comments: