Saturday, September 01, 2007

Day 244

Today's Lesson:

I am in danger nowhere in the world.

Your Son is safe wherever he may be, for You are there with him. He need but call upon Your Name, and he will recollect his safety and Your Love, for they are one. How can he fear or doubt or fail to know he cannot suffer, be endangered, or experience unhappiness, when he belongs to You, beloved and loving, in the safety of Your Fatherly embrace?

And there we are in truth. No storms can come into the hallowed haven of our home. In God we are secure. For what can come to threaten God Himself, or make afraid what will forever be a part of Him?

Miracles I'm noticing:

How much does it free up my thinking and my creativity when I remember that there is no danger from which God cannot (and does not) protect me? I wonder how much time and energy people spend in worry and fear. I know I've been there. As an independent business owner and sole (or "soul") proprietor, if I don't work, I don't pay the mortgage. There have certainly been some sleepless nights in my past where I've worried about the HOWs in my life.

But today's lesson assures us that we are safe - we cannot fear or doubt or fail to know we cannot suffer, be endangered, or experience unhappiness - when we know we belong to God.

As we are freed from our own fearful thoughts, we have so much more capacity to create and that, in turn, leads us to more productivity and availability for our work as well as for our families and loved ones.

As I'm learning from my Proctor studies, when the WHY is big enough (the PURPOSE) for anything I really want, the HOW will take care of itself. That's God at work to help me fulfill my purpose. When I am mindful and do things ON PURPOSE, that's where I can be free of my limiting beliefs.

I'm also reminded of the 22-year-old young man from my town who was killed in Iraq on Wednesday. I'm sure people who have loved ones in the war - or anywhere there is strife - have reason to fear that danger. But if we can remember that there is a divine plan for everything and everyone, and that there is no danger God will not protect us from, it does help ease the fear. If everyone had faith that God is really at the helm, and that we are all Children of God, it would help us accept the realities of life and death.

I'm reminded again of two books I read that helped me before and after my dad's death. One is Home With God In A World That Never Ends by Neale Donald Walsch and the other is Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death by Gary Renard. If we focus more on the tragedy of death, we aren't celebrating the effects of that person's life. That's what I choose to remember about my dad. I know it's different when people die young, but we are the ones who put judgment to how long or how well someone "should" live.

That awareness has really given me a new way to look at what I might previously have judged as wrong, or bad, or fearful, or dangerous.

To me, that's a miracle!

No comments: