Monday, September 03, 2007

Day 246

Today's Lesson:

To love my Father is to love His Son.

Let me not think that I can find the way to God, if I have hatred in my heart. Let me not try to hurt God's Son, and think that I can know his Father or my Self. Let me not fail to recognize myself, and still believe that my awareness can contain my Father, or my mind conceive of all the love my Father has for me, and all the love which I return to Him.

I will accept the way You choose for me to come to You, my Father. For in that will I succeed, because it is Your Will. And I would recognize that what You will is what I will as well, and only that. And so I choose to love Your Son. Amen.
Miracles I'm noticing:

Today's message is really very simple. It also reinforces what I'm reading in Wayne Dyer's new book about the Tao Te Ching. If we want to get into the flow of life, we have to realize that we are already there - we may just be struggling upstream. There is really nothing to have to get to; we are already there.

Here's an example from yesterday. Each year on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, my dad's family gets together at my dad's brother's hunting cabin. I knew they were eating at 1:00, and I fully intended to be there by 1:00, but I went downstairs to print some pictures of my cousins' families from when I visited them in Florida and in Arizona earlier this year. It took a lot longer than I anticipated, and by the time I got gas, got a quick car wash, and stopped by a grocery store to get some fruit to take along, it was already 1:00 (it takes about an hour to get where I needed to go).

At 1:23, just as I was getting out on the highway, my phone rang and it was my cousin calling at the request of my mom. She wanted to know where I was. That really set me into a tailspin and I had a mini meltdown. It really didn't make me want to be there at all.

It just so happened that I was listening to a Wayne Dyer and Byron Katie lecture on CD, which is all about questioning our thoughts. Any thought I have that upsets me, I'm supposed to ask whether or not it is true and turn it around. It caused me to rethink my upset.

When I got to the cabin, I saw that my mom was talking with my aunts so I went over where they were. It occurred to me that maybe my mom wanted me to be there because there was no one else from our immediate family there - my sister and her family weren't there, and I wonder if it's tough for my mom since my dad died (it is his family's gathering). It gave me a new perspective instead of blaming my mom for checking up on me.

I have to admit I still get stuck on issues involving my mother, but the awareness allows me an opportunity to make new choices. As I make those new choices, I allow new results. That's the miracle!

No comments: