Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 80

Today's Lesson:

Let me recognize my problems have been solved.

When we realize that our one central problem has been solved, we will realize that we have no problems. And when we have no problems, we will be at peace. It is in this that the simplicity of salvation lies.

Let us be determined not to collect grievances today. Let us be determined to be free of problems that do not exist.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Last night at our Course group, one of the members was having trouble with the word "problem" because she said she has really worked hard to not see situations as problematic in her life. It occurred to her, after a little dialogue, that she was having a problem with the word "problem," so that was her problem! When we can realize that all we need to do it change the context around specific words (in this case "problem"), we can see that we may have been conditioned to believe certain contexts, like problem = bad. If we can see that things which we might call "problems" are really not even there - or if we can see that things we used to think of as "problems" are really just demonstrations of our opportunity to forgive, we can actually be grateful for them. As we shift our focus, we notice that today's lesson really is true: the problems have been solved.

As I study this course more and really take in the lessons I'm studying, I notice miracles where I might have overlooked them. Yesterday I received a call "out of the blue" from a new client who needs a keynote next week. It's not too often that organizations wait until almost literally the last minute for a keynote, but this also happened two weeks ago. As I have opportunities to share keynotes at this late date, they don't have as much opportunity to get a completely customized message; however, this allows me to use my keynote around my book, and that means more books are sold and the message gets out to larger audiences.

It turns out more people are being attracted to our Summit for Bigger Small Talk, scheduled now for Thursday, June 28. In fact, Dick Richards called yesterday and we're going to see about having him present on Wednesday, June 27 on Day One of the Summit (before that conversation, there was no Day One), so this will really be taking on some bigger opportunities.

It's amazing what can happen if you just declare it! Today I'm committed to problems being solved!

No comments: