Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Day 66

Today's Lesson:

My happiness and my function are one.
Today's idea is a great example of the real goal most humans have in their lives - to be happy. Since I watched The Secret, I've been asking many of my audiences what it is they want in their lives. Most of the time that's a really broad question, and the answers they might give me range from money, to cars, to jewelry, to other "stuff" ... but recently people have started cutting to the chase and throwing in happiness and joy and contentment and fulfillment. I think that's closer to the truth than wanting the "stuff" in life. Some of us think the stuff will lead to happiness - that's the backwards model of the "have-do-be" idea. When I "have" enough stuff to "do" what I want, then I will "be" happy.

Instead, today's lesson reminds us that we only need "be" happy, in order to "do" whatever we want so that we can "have" everything.

Our egos will always battle with the Spirit to determine our real function; therefore they will always battle about our happiness. But they are really one and the same - and both are given to us by God.

The longer (10 to 15-minute) practice period today begins by reviewing these thoughts:

God gives me only happiness.
He has given my function to me.
Therefore my function must be happiness.
Even if our egos battle with us to believe the conclusion, we begin to see the pure logic in these statements by beginning with the first two premises. God cannot give what he does not have, and He cannot have what He is not. Love cannot give evil, and what is not happiness is evil. So it must stand to reason that God can give only happiness.

The second premise, that God has given us our function, is proven when we consider that our minds are ruled either by ego (illusions) or Spirit (truth). So our function is established by one or the other. Do we choose illusion or truth?

Miracles I'm noticing:

I've been struggling with the Christianity debate in my mind as it relates to what I'm learning from this course. The course, to me, is like coming home. I am so comfortable and it feels so right to me to be studying this additional layer to everything my strict Christian upbringing has taught me. So last night in my study group I asked the question about the literal interpretation of the Bible I've been taught and how that jives with what other cultures learn from the Koran or the Torah or other religious teachings. The dialogue was very informative and gave me lots more to think about. I also came across a very interesting website recently called Religious Tolerance which talks, among other things, about the various ideas within the Christian belief system. It provides more great reading material for anyone who might be interested.

As I realize more and more the power and love and energy and knowledge my study group exhibits, I am more and more confident in my own Knowing about what I'm learning - and I'm so excited to be surrounded by such amazing people! This truly is my community and my chosen family and I'm so blessed and grateful! They have helped me whenever I have a struggle, but have also shared with me in the celebrations and victories my life is showing me at every turn. Choosing to see life through the eyes of love has certainly given me a new outlook - and it's a fabulous way to connect with my Source through these amazing people.

Last night each of us shared a miracle we've seen in our own lives in the past week - what a great way to end the evening! Each of us had something to share - so if anyone is reading this, please share with our readers what you're seeing in your lives! Other readers, please consider sharing what you are seeing when you shift your focus from fear to love!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

kagomI am also in the study group and LOVE the sharing time- I love to hear what everyone is seeing on a day to day basis- I had a weekend with a bunch of women and we went scrapbooking- there was a woman there that had the best energy about her- just beautiful- and so full of life- I kept teasing that her energy was makeing me tired- all in fun of course- anyways- she has a son with SMA- a muscle disease- there are three stages- he is a stage two- and the thing that was so inspiring was how greatfull she was that he was a stage two- and how lucky they were to have a son that is strong- he is healthy- he is responding to a study drug- has not been sick this winter- and as we all sat and talked about our struggles with our kids it kept ringing in my head - we have nothing to deal with compared to this mom that could at some point have to deal with the death of a child- although she is so confident he will live to be an old man- it just showed me how thoughts are things- imagine how powerful his mind must be at only four years old to already be recieving those positive messages- I was so excited to share the weekend with her- and so greatfull to get that wake up call on attitude- I am so greatfull of the people that continue to show up in my life day after day- what a wonderful place to be!
The Other Jodie! :)

Jodee Bock said...

Thank you, Jodie, for sharing your miracles! We can really see what is happening in the world through our own awakenings!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that I missed the group last night. It sounds like the sharing was great! My daughter-in-law and I talked last night how she could best approach a person who she saw as being judgemental. I suggested that she thank the woman for wanting to use her class for her project instead of worrying about what the ulterior motive was. Come from a place of love and gratitude and see what changes. She agreed to try that. It will be fun to see what comes of it. Everyday we can make what seems like small changes that really change everything!

Jodee Bock said...

Sheri: We missed you last night! Your conversation with your daughter-in-law is exactly what this course is all about! Good job!!

See you next week!