Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day 70

Today's Lesson:

My salvation comes from me.
We typically believe the salvation - and guilt - come from anywhere except from us. We see neither guilt nor salvation as in our own minds and nowhere else. When we realize that guilt is solely an invention of our minds, we can also realize that guilt and salvation must be in the same place. In understanding this, we are saved.

The seeming cost of accepting today's idea is this: It means that nothing outside ourselves can save us and nothing outside ourselves can give us peace. But it also means that nothing outside ourselves can hurt us, or disturb our peace or upset us in any way. When we accept today's idea, we are placed in charge of the universe, where we belong because of what we are. And we begin to see that accepting it is salvation.

God wants us to be healed, so He has kept the Source of healing where the need for healing lies. We have tried to do just the opposite, making every attempt to separate healing from the sickness for which it was intended, and thus we keep the sickness. God's Will and ours are really the same. God wants us to be healed, and we do not really want to be sick, because it makes us unhappy. Therefore, in accepting the idea for today, we are really in agreement with God. He does not want us to be sick. Neither do we. He wants us to be healed. So do we.

Miracles I'm noticing:

My first inclination is to let my ego take over for today's lesson and say, "My salvation couldn't possibly come from me." My conditioning tells me that making that statement puts me above God. But what I realize when I really listen to today's lesson is that God's Will and mine are the same. God is in me - I am created in the image and likeness of God - not the other way around. So saying "My salvation comes from me," I'm saying that my Will and God's are the same.

This really takes blame and guilt out of the entire picture.

I had an aura photo taken yesterday. I had no idea what this was, but apparently it's some kind of camera that reads auras. I put my hands on a handplate and the camera read my aura. It was very interesting, and validated everything I have been thinking and feeling recently. The aura has different colors, and the colors have different interpretations. She asked me if I've been working on healing something big - healing myself and accepting something - that is what white means. I told her about my struggles with my mother and Christianity. She said that is what she saw in the photo. I also have turquoise, which is breaking free from conditions of oppression, expectations or social concerns. The purple in my aura means inspiration, greater possibilities, adventure, meaning and truth. The magenta is Spiritual awareness - art, music, poetry - and expressing one's own genius; the indigo is leadership, counsel, teaching by example, wisdom, and intuition.

Very interesting ... and surely validating with the definition of miracle: a shift in perception from fear to love.

No comments: