Sunday, March 18, 2007

Day 77

Today's Lesson:

I am entitled to miracles.

We are entitled to miracles because of what we are. We will receive miracles because of what God is. And we will offer miracles because we are one with God. Salvation is that simple! It is merely a statement of our true identity.

Our claim to miracles does not lie in our illusions about ourselves. It does not depend on any magical powers we have ascribed to ourselves or any of the rituals we have devised. It is inherent in the truth of what we are. It is implicit in what God our Father is. It was ensured in our creation, and guaranteed by the laws of God.

When stated that adamantly, it's difficult to dispute. This is what belongs to us in truth. We will not content ourselves with less.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Just being able to read today's lesson and really absorb what it is saying is a miracle for me. There was a day not too long ago when I thought it extremely arrogant to believe what today's lesson says. Who, me? Who says I could possibly be good enough to be entitled to miracles? But I know that the Holy Spirit will not take away my free will - and He will never enter where He is not welcome. He will, however, enter at the slightest invitation. As we start to realize the importance of today's lesson, that can become that slightest invitation.

Our ego seems to believe that we have to walk this world alone. By admitting we want to join in community with others for the good of ourselves and others, the ego seems to believe we would have to give up our independence and our individuality. But we gain so much more by allowing Spirit to show us the miracles we are entitled to. I know that my community has grown as I've realized I don't want to do this alone, and I have gained so much more than I ever could have imagined.

I am entitled to miracles - to the opportunity to see things without the veil of fear. That recognition is a miracle in itself!

No comments: