Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 362

Today's Lesson:

This holy instant would I give to You.
Be You in charge. For I would follow You,
Certain that Your direction gives me peace.

And if I need a word to help me, He will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give. And if I need but stillness and a tranquil, open mind, these are the gifts I will receive of Him. He is in charge by my request. And He will hear and answer me, because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Last night I spent way too much time surfing the web (it's been a long time since I've done that!) looking for information about Marianne Williamson's new XM radio show where she will be teaching this Course. I'm hungry for a deeper understanding of what I'm learning here, and I was hoping to find that from Marianne. What I found was a lot of controversy regarding this Course, Neale Donald Walsch (author of Conversations With God), Esther Hicks (author of Ask And It Is Given and others), Marianne and Oprah for promoting her soul series on her XM station.

What I read last night just proved that fear is still very prevalent in our world. People fear what they don't understand. It seems as though anything that makes us feel good about ourselves and our relationship with our Creator must be wrong because it's supposed to be difficult and there should be a sense of fear involved. Fundamentalists want the world to be the way they see it - and want everyone else to believe the same thing; however I didn't notice any other religions but Christianity in that fundamental pot. It seems as though the Christians really do believe that everyone in the world needs to understand the fundamental viewpoint as the only way to God and their fear keeps them from being open to any other pathway. I actually saw forum posts about the anti-Christ and the devil and evil in reference to this Course and Oprah and Marianne.

What occurs to me in noticing this information is 1) it came into my awareness, so there must be a lesson for me in it; 2) there is a place for ho'oponopono for me ("thank you, I love you, please forgive me, I'm sorry"); 3) a sense of intense gratitude that I am secure in my relationship with God; 4) the Knowledge of today's lesson - that if I need a word to help me, the Holy Spirit will give it to me. If I need a thought, that will He also give because He speaks for God my Father and His holy Son.

I am not at all interested in fighting against anything anymore - I am much more vested in standing for what I believe in, despite what others might think. I am secure in my relationship with my Creator, and I believe that I am created in the image and likeness of that Creator, and He doesn't make mistakes.

As we come to the end of this year of studying the Course, I look forward to what the new year will bring to my awareness. I plan to leave this blog up, and will revisit portions throughout the year to see how my thoughts will evolve and transform from my deeper understanding next year. This has definitely been a labor of love, and I thank you for allowing me to work through my "stuff" with you here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read "My Stroke of Insight" in one sitting - I couldn't put it down. I laughed. I cried. It was a fantastic book (I heard it's a NYTimes Bestseller and I can see why!), but I also think it will be the start of a new, transformative Movement! No one wants to have a stroke as Jill Bolte Taylor did, but her experience can teach us all how to live better lives. Her TED.com speech was one of the most incredibly moving, stimulating, wonderful videos I've ever seen. Her Oprah Soul Series interviews were fascinating. They should make a movie of her life so everyone sees it. This is the Real Deal and gives me hope for humanity.

Jodee Bock said...

Thank you so much for visiting this blog! I learned so much in my year of posting the lessons here - and I, too, have received LOTS of inspiration from Jill Bolte Taylor and Oprah!

Thank you for being in this conversation and for being the change you wish to see in the world! We are making a huge positive difference!