Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Day 345

Today's Lesson:

I offer only miracles today,
For I would have them be returned to me.

Father, a miracle reflects Your gifts to me, Your Son. And every one I give returns to me, reminding me the law of love is universal. Even here, it takes a form which can be recognized and seen to work. The miracles I give are given back in just the form I need to help me with the problems I perceive. Father, in Heaven it is different, for there, there are no needs. But here on earth, the miracle is closer to Your gifts than any other git that I can give. Then let me give this gift alone today, which, born of true forgiveness, lights the way that I must travel to remember You.

Peace to all seeking hearts today. The light has come to offer miracles to bless the tired world. It will find rest today, for we will offer what we have received.

Miracles I'm noticing:

Just reading today's lesson is a great reminder that when we have problems, it is a great opportunity to replace them with miracles. We would not recognize the miracles if we only had miracles in this life on earth. It is the contrast from the times we are in need that allow us to see the miracles.

I'm finding that as I go through this course for the third time (looking forward to beginning Year 4 on January 1!), miracles become much more common for me - and I realize that I may be overlooking many of them as I hope to report them to you here. It's just become a way of life for me this past few months. I don't really notice the down times as much as I used to, maybe because there aren't as many of them. Or maybe the down times are just on a higher level now, so the mid-point between the highs and lows is raised.

This is a wonderful time of year with all the holiday festivities to remember that it is as blessed to receive as to give, and those of us who are studying this course seem to be getting much better at the giving while we still have some progress to make in the receiving end. That's why I'm excited to join my good friends - and fellow course students - Darcy and Sheila on Thursday for the latest Grateful Goddess gathering where they will be talking about Giving and Receiving. Check out their website for some great holiday gifts. Order today in time for Christmas and you'll be giving a wonderful gift that will return to you many fold.

I got Gratitude Journals for my sister, mom and niece and I'll put the first entry in as I reflect on the gratitude I feel for them in my life.

Peace to everyone at what could be a stressful time of year. Stop and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of this glorious and joyous time, and try to check your guilt and busyness at the door - just for one day. As you feel peace in your own life, you will be able to give it away. Notice what that does for the people in your life. And that's the miracle we can all give this holiday season!

Let there be peace on earth - and let it begin with me!

No comments: