Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 351

14. What Am I?

I am God's Son, complete and healed and whole, shining in the reflection of His Love. In me is His creation sanctified and guaranteed eternal life. In me is love perfected, fear impossible, and joy established without opposite. I am the holy home of God Himself. I am the Heaven where His Love resides. I am His holy Sinlessness Itself, for in my purity abides His Own.

Our use for words is almost over now. Yet in the final days of this one year we gave to God together, you and I, we found a single purpose that we shared. And thus you joined with me, so what I am are you as well. The truth of what we are is not for words to speak of nor describe. Yet we can realize our function here, and words can speak of this and teach it, too, if we exemplify the words in us.

We are the bringers of salvation. We accept our part as saviors of the world, which through our joint forgiveness is redeemed. And this, our gift, is therefore given us. We look on everyone as a brother, and perceive all things as kindly and as good. We do not seek a function that is past the gate of Heaven. Knowledge will return when we have done our part. We are concerned only with giving welcome to the truth.

Ours are the eyes through which Christ's vision sees a world redeemed from every thought of sin. Ours are the ears that hear the Voice for God proclaim the world as sinless. Ours the minds that join together as we bless the world. And from the oneness that we have attained we call to all our brothers, asking them to share our peace and consummate our joy.

We are the holy messengers of God who speak for Him, and carrying His Word to everyone whom He has sent to us, we learn that it is written on our hearts. And thus our minds are changed about the aim for which we came, and which we seek to serve. We bring glad tidings to the Son of God, who thought he suffered. Now is he redeemed. And as he sees the gate of Heaven stand open before him, he will enter in and disappear into the Heart of God.

Today's Lesson:

My sinless brother is my guide to peace.
My sinful brother is my guide to pain.
And which I choose to see I will behold.

Who is my brother but Your holy Son? And if I see him sinful I proclaim myself a sinner, not a Son of God; alone and friendless in a fearful world. Yet this perception is a choice I make, and can relinquish. I can also see my brother sinless, as Your holy Son. And with this choice I see my sinlessness, my everlasting Comforter and Friend beside me, and my way secure and clear. Choose, then, for me, my Father, through Your Voice. For He alone gives judgment in Your Name.


Miracles I'm noticing:

It occurs to me as I write this this morning that my mother must be the person in this lifetime who was sent to teach me the biggest lessons. Last night I talked to her on the phone and, although some of her comments occurred to me in the moment - as they always do - as fear-based and almost rote, I was not affected negatively by them. My mother is the perfect teacher for me to understand and work through fear. I could have counted the number of times she said things like, "Make sure you watch for deer when you drive," and "you know when you get a personalized license plate you have to pay extra for that each year," and her insistence that I watch my pennies and don't spend too much on Christmas presents or food to bring home for the holiday.

Those comments used to really bug me, and even as I started studying this course three years ago, would draw even more attention to the distinction between love and fear. But last night as I noticed myself not getting drawn into her conversation or being combative or resistant, the entire conversation lightened up and she was the one to notice. In fact, she said, as I was laughing at her "watch for deer" reference, that she realized she was nagging, but that what would I do if she didn't? It was a lighter moment than it used to be and I'll bet when I get that, she'll stop doing it. It's all about my mirrors and teachers and, as my friend Tracy says, she's paid well to teach me my lessons.

I also notice that I have far less need to vocalize the lessons I'm learning or the miracles I'm noticing. It's almost becoming second nature to notice miracles, and I forget to record them here. As a speaker and teacher, I suppose it helps to have examples for my audiences, which is why I like to record my "vignettes," as one of my teachers calls them so I don't forget the details. But it's important to me to recognize when it is ego and when it is sharing spirit. I know that many people in the world still want proof and answers and the best way to do that is to share personal stories. But for me that is much more about sharing spirit than recognizing ego (I think). That is the distinction I will be aware of as I move into 2008 and my fourth year of studying this course.

I watched Esther and Jerry Hicks' DVD "The Secret Behind The Secret" last night and I realized that I would like to be as open to Spirit as Esther is. Esther is a channel for the non-physical being Abraham, and the messages Abraham is bringing to us through Esther are wonderful. Esther says that she is able to be this channel because she is able to clear her mind and she doesn't have preconceived notions or roadblocks that would keep Abraham from coming through. That's another intention for 2008 - to be a conduit for the Holy Spirit. I notice that happening on occasion when I speak now, but I'm going to be much more intentional about that in 2008.

In contemplating what I learned from and about Abraham on that DVD last night, I came across this clip from a talk Esther-Abraham gave about the involvement in The Secret and I think it explains very well what we (those of us studying this course and seeking for knowledge and truth through Spirit rather than through ego) are up to. The Secret is really that we are all extensions of Source energy, and in this clip, Abraham says that the producer of the The Secret didn't believe that everyone was ready to hear that. It is similar to what Jerry Hicks mentioned in the DVD about the message from Napoleon Hill in Think And Grow Rich. The information in the original Think And Grow Rich was edited in the 60s because someone didn't think the world was ready to hear about vibration at that time either. But now it's been edited back in because Ross Cornwell (the editor of the version I'm studying) did believe the world was ready to hear it. That is why we study this version.

So here's the clip - and this is certainly a miracle of awareness!

1 comment:

Chuck Bartok said...

What a well presented Blog....

I appreciate the feeble attempts of politically correct people, as now on TV and everywhere, capitalizing on EXCERPTS from Hill and Haanel.

If you would like the REAL story....
about the REAL secret
download our over one Year Talk Show
The Focus Society of Overachievers

We discuss these authors work in detail and emphasis the RESPONSIBILITY of one's Action..not manifestation HYPE

Join us Live..you seem to be one steeped in the Tradition of the Proverbs