Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 143

Today's Review:

My mind holds only what I think with God.


(125) In quiet I receive God's Word today.
(126) All that I give is given to myself.

Miracles I'm noticing:

I love today's reviews because they are so simple, yet so profound. The words "quiet" and "receive" are very powerful because for many of us we aren't familiar with either of them. We were talking at our course gathering last night about how busy everyone seems to be - it's almost like a badge of honor. Kids are involved in so many activities and it seems summer is almost more busy than the school year. So quiet is almost counter intuitive to many of us. And, along those lines, the word "receive" is important because it goes a step further than just hearing.

I have made my 2007 mantra "Listen and Allow," which, to me, is similar to receive. In both cases I have to believe that I am worthy of the Word of God and all the other gifts that come along with that. In quiet it becomes easier to believe in my own worthiness, and therefore to not just hear, but also to receive - and allow.

The second review is equally profound for me because it includes me in everything I give. As I give to others, I automatically receive because of the oneness and inclusion the course reminds me of. I have often thought of my mother as a martyr - someone who would give everything to everyone else at the expense of her own needs; but when I remember today's second review I realize that it is not for me to judge what she does because it is given to herself as well. The reminder for me in this review, then, is not to judge anyone or anything else but just to allow. What we give ("good" or "bad," then) is given to ourselves.

Always wonderful conversation and much to consider after our Tuesday night gatherings!

No comments: