Saturday, May 05, 2007

Day 125

Today's Lesson:

In quiet I receive God's Word today.


Let this be a day of stillness and of quiet listening. Our Father wills you hear His Word today. He calls to us from deep within our minds where He abides. Hear Him today. No peace is possible until His Word is heard around the world; until our minds, in quiet listening, accept the message that the world must hear to usher in the quiet time of peace.

This world will change through us. No other means can save it, for God's plan is simply this: The Son of God is free to save himself, given the Word of God to be his Guide, forever in his mind and at his side to lead him surely to his Father's house by is own will, forever free as God's. He is not led by force, but only love. He is not judged, but only sanctified.

We will not judge ourselves today, for what we are can not be judged. We stand apart from all the judgments which the world has laid upon the Son of God. Today we will not listen to the world, but wait in silence for the Word of God.

Today God speaks to us. His Voice awaits our silence, for His Word can not be heard until our minds are quiet for a while, and meaningless desires have been stilled. Await His Word in quiet. There is peace within us to be called upon today, to help make ready our most holy minds to hear the Voice for our Creator speak.

Only be quiet. We will need no rule but this, to let our practicing today life us above the thinking of the world, and free our vision from the body's eyes. Only be still and listen. We will hear the Word in which the Will of God the Son joins in his father's Will, at one with it, with no illusions interposed between the wholly indivisible and true. As every hour passes by today, be still a moment and remind yourself you have a special purpose for this day; in quiet to receive the Word of God.

Miracles I'm noticing:

As I read through today's lesson, I'm reminded of how simple this course is. It is just the Law of Attraction, when you think about it. If we are quiet and listen for the Voice of God, we are sure to hear it. I also realize that despite my intentions, I still find myself filling the silence in my life with noise. But on Thursday as I was driving to a training class I was leading, I was driving east at sunrise. I turned off the radio and enjoyed the silence and the beautiful sunrise for 30 minutes. Although it wasn't the same as meditating in silence, it was very peaceful and offered me some thinking and reflecting time.

I find that the effects of meditation really are cumulative and it is becoming easier to just be quiet. I find that I can get to a point of listening and allowing much more easily than I used to; but I'm still not make that effort as often as I would like.

I'm looking forward to the Summit for Bigger Small Talk for many reasons, but one is that my friend and fellow Course student Gina is going to be conducting a session on the benefits of meditation in businesses and organizations. You won't want to miss the summit!

No comments: