Thursday, May 03, 2007

Day 123

Today's Lesson:

I thank my Father for His gifts to me.


Today we are thankful. We are moving to gentler pathways and to smoother roads. We still may have a bit of wavering, some small objections and a little hesitance, but we can well be grateful for our gains, which are far greater than we realize.

Today we give thanks that our Father has not abandoned us, and that His Love forever will remain shining on us, forever without change. We are also changeless, for the Son He loves is changeless as Himself. We can be grateful that we are saved. In gratitude we lift our hearts above despair, and raise our thankful eyes, no longer looking downward to the dust. Today we smile on everyone we see, and walk with lightened footsteps as we go to do what is appointed us to do.

We receive the thanks of God today, as we give thanks to Him. For He would offer us the thanks we give, since He receives our gifts in loving gratitude, and gives them back a thousand and a hundred thousand more than they were given. He will bless our gifts by sharing them with us. And so they grow in power and in strength, until they fill the world with gladness and with gratitude.

Receive His thanks and offer yours to Him for fifteen minutes twice today. And you will realize to Whom you offer thanks, and Who He thanks as you are thanking Him. This holy half an hour given Him will be returned to you in terms of years for every second; power to save the world eons more quickly for your thanks to Him.

Miracles I'm noticing:

This course really doesn't ask that much in comparison to what it gives. As I learn to be mindful about gratitude and love and awaken to all that is peaceful and beautiful in the world, I am given so much more than I can imagine.

Today's text reminds us that miracles are the translation of denial into truth. Sickness and fear are merely the lack of love for ourselves. When we are sick or fearful we are asking for the love that would heal us, but which we are denying to ourselves. If we knew the truth about ourselves, we could not be sick. Whatever the sickness, there is but one remedy. We will be made whole as we make whole, for to perceive in sickness the appeal for health is to recognize in hatred the call for love.

I am more aware all the time of the judgment I have been putting to so many things, and as I become aware, I am able to make new choices. I merely have to ask for enlightenment and accept it and my fears vanish.

I realize that in order to get rid of fear, we have to talk about it, so I am making that part of many of the workshops and speeches I give. I am noticing more all the time how much of what I'm learning in the course is coming up in my speaking. As it becomes integrated into my own life, it shows up in my work, which is shining the light to others. I realize how truly blessed and grateful I am to be doing this work in my own work, and I realize, too, how what I am doing is truly my vocation - my calling - my purpose.

As I realize that I teach what I most need to learn, I see that I am allowed to literally "practice what I preach" and my authenticity grows as I get more opportunities to speak but also to share what I'm learning here and with my course group. I am not alone - and as we all work to understand and to live this message, we all alter the consciousness of the world. That's truly a miracle!

No comments: